I don't know if this necessarily belongs in the philosophy section, but we'll try it on for size. So as you all know, we use maybe 10 percent of our brain's capacity(some use considerably less, but that's another topic). Einstein purportedly used maybe 20% of his brain(this may be an overestimatation). So what about the other 80 percent? What untapped powers lie in the vastly umapped synapses of our conciousness? Some would jump on the telekenetic powers bandwangon, saying we could move things with our mind, etc. I'm not one of them personally. But what mysteries of the universe could we comprehend, or solve if we maxed it out? Certainly discoveries would exponentially speed up. I can't think of the book, but one novel addressed this where supposedly we'd been in some sort of cosmic radiation field, and we finally swung out of it, and it turns out that it had been slowing our minds from thier full potential. Suddenly animals could speak, and spoken word gave way to communication by thought. Now I'm not looking for radical ideas here, just some logic, educated theories as to what lies in the untapped and unused.