What's the Deal with Negative Reaction Scores?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rive
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
44 replies · 7K views
ha, I took a look at the backend and I was wrong. At some point early on skeptical was negative, but we must have changed it because I see neutral.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Tom.G said:
It is the Sad emoji.
I tested it on Greg's account by giving a Skeptical emoji, checking number of Likes, then trying the Sad emoji and checking Likes again.
Just tried it. Sad is not taking a point off you.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
ha, I took a look at the backend and I was wrong. At some point early on skeptical was negative, but we must have changed it because I see neutral.
Sad is also neutral @Greg Bernhardt?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Right, I was wrong, there is no negative emoji.
Revisiting the beginning of the thread, how did someone get a negative score?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Don't know, can you link me to this post?
I wasn’t really tracking the user. @Rive and I noticed to the same newbie post, so it was either Thursday night or Friday morning.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Right, I was wrong, there is no negative emoji.
Happy to hear that!
Although some posts 'makes so' I would prefer not seeing such thing here :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Don't know, can you link me to this post?
Can't recall the user name. Was removed from the end of the can-any-country-achieve-net-zero-without-nuclear topic.
 
I feel like we've had this discussion before - the idea that sad means "oh that's a sad story" not "it's just sad that you are so wrong."
 
In the original XF software, skeptical is actually a downvote emoji. But here in PF, that was changed to skeptical and the value was set to neutral.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
So there is no way to lower the "reaction score" (which is basically a subjective user-impact score), but only to keep it constant by constantly (!) hitting "sad" and "skeptical" on some user's posts. Correct?
 
Wait. Are you guys saying that reactions affect user scores?
When I use the skeptical emoji, I ding someone for a point?
(Also, what do user scores do?)
 
dextercioby said:
So there is no way to lower the "reaction score" (which is basically a subjective user-impact score), but only to keep it constant by constantly (!) hitting "sad" and "skeptical" on some user's posts. Correct?
That's correct. Basically, reacting with "sad" or "skeptical" has no effect on the reaction score.
DaveC426913 said:
Wait. Are you guys saying that reactions affect user scores?
Yes. If I am correct, "Like", "Love", "Informative", "Care" and "Haha" increase the reaction score by 1. "Sad" and "Skeptical" have no effect.
DaveC426913 said:
When I use the skeptical emoji, I ding someone for a point?
No, see above.
DaveC426913 said:
(Also, what do user scores do?)
You can get Trophies based on your reaction score. (See here, scroll down a bit.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt, pinball1970 and Rive