What's your post-density compared to other forum members?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, these two experts have posted 79 posts and 83 posts respectively over the past 5 years, averaging 4.33 and 4.35 posts per day.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
omg, I just calculated my number of posts and my join-date.

8300 posts over 5.25 years.

That's 4.33 posts per day, every single day for over 5 years straight.

I need to check into a rehab.

What's yours?

Hm. But I'm not topping the list...
ZZ: 4.6
HoI: 7.1
('course, they're staff...)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Whew, I'm only a .60, which I'm comfortable with.

DaveC426913 said:

Actually it's 4.35 :-p The info is in your profile statistic tab.

Posts Per Day: 5.47

And that's with taking a few months off at the beginning of the year for the rest of my busy life. :-p

Posts Per Day: 0.13

That's good. I can still fool (I mean convince) them that I actually do some work in a day. :biggrin:

Not absolutely sure, but tiny-tim may have everybody beat.

Redbelly98 said:

DaveC426913 said:

I need to check into a rehab.

Don't forget, your post count doesn't include anything posted in most of the lounge forums. What would adding in those posts do to your post-count average?

Redbelly98 said:

I checked mine, yikes -- 7.14.

Then checked tiny-tim's -- about twice mine! :bugeye:

EDIT -- lisab beat me to it!

GeorginaS said:
Don't forget, your post count doesn't include anything posted in most of the lounge forums. What would adding in those posts do to your post-count average?

I don't even want to know! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:

:rolleyes: uhh, Posts Per Day: 5.47 -- outed!

rolerbe said:
:rolleyes: uhh, Posts Per Day: 5.47 -- outed!

No, she means she doesn't want to know what it would be if the non-counted posts in GD, etc., were counted...

Ahhh. That would change my stat's considerably also.

Moonbear said:

5.47 :biggrin:

I'm at .18 ppd. That's a little more than one post every six days.

0.56 posts a day!……….. Ahaaa, I understand now! That biggrin smiley ate almost 0.44 of every single posted post ……………………:biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Me either. Since my research interests lie in an area of astronomy/astrophysics that is a bit "on the edge", I'd run afoul of forum rules by posting about on-going work, papers in progress, etc. The previously-published work was a foundation for the "interesting" stuff, so the "interesting" stuff has not met peer-review yet. So I spend most of my time in GD. I'm the lead author on our upcoming paper and am pretty excited about some aspects of our work.

It's too bad that on-going work can't be discussed unless it has already been peer-reviewed, because by the time it's published, it's "old-hat" and is not as interesting to the authors. They are already on to the next step in their program, and can't discuss what to them is an exciting new topic and bounce ideas off off other forum members who may have some helpful suggestions. For the record, my collaborators and I are cataloging redshift discrepancies in apparently-interacting galaxy pairs of a very specific type, and there are some interesting trends emerging WRT the morphology of the associations.

drizzle said:
5.47 :biggrin:

:smile: Probably!

I rarely post outside the lounge so mine is really low at only .6.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I rarely post outside the lounge so mine is really low at only .6.

Mmhmm. I joined here in November of 05 and my percentage is 0.08. Hah! I win. :approve:

.56 posts per day. I post in spurts...once in a few months I post quite a bit then I leave for a while haha.

GeorginaS said:
Mmhmm. I joined here in November of 05 and my percentage is 0.08. Hah! I win. :approve:

Wow.. quite an accomplishment. ;-)

Ack, 2.66 per day. I need a hobby. Does this post contribute to my post density?

Last edited:
2.89 - quite low for me, but for about three years I was posting sporadically only. Most of my posts are from the last two years. Besides, traffic in our backwater is relatively low.

2.79 ppd. I remember we did this a couple years ago and I destroyed everyone. BOW DOWN.

Haven't posted on this forum in ages, I think I had to re-register my account a while ago as well. Kind of back now again, though :)

Related to What's your post-density compared to other forum members?

1. What is post-density?

Post-density refers to the frequency at which a forum member contributes posts or comments on a forum or discussion board. It is typically measured by the number of posts per day, week, or month.

2. How is post-density calculated?

Post-density is calculated by dividing the total number of posts made by a forum member by the number of days, weeks, or months they have been a member. For example, if a member has made 100 posts in the span of 20 days, their post-density would be 5 posts per day.

3. What is considered a high post-density?

A high post-density varies depending on the forum and its community. Generally, anything above 5 posts per day is considered high, but it ultimately depends on the forum's activity and the individual's contribution.

4. How does post-density compare to activity level?

Post-density and activity level are closely related but not the same. Activity level refers to the amount of time a member spends actively participating on the forum, while post-density measures the frequency of their contributions. A member can have a high post-density but a low activity level if they make several posts in a short amount of time and then do not participate for a while.

5. Is post-density an accurate measure of a member's contribution to a forum?

Post-density can provide some insight into a member's activity and contribution to a forum, but it should not be the sole factor in assessing their value to the community. Other factors such as the quality of their posts and their level of engagement with other members should also be considered.