Where can I download Mathematica

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Robokapp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses purchasing and downloading a tool called Mathematica. The person prefers doing their work by hand but wants a tool to check it. They can buy it from http://www.wolfram.com/ at a student discount or try finding it on eBay, but should be cautious of pirated versions. It is recommended to use Mathematica for a longer period of time in order to fully benefit from it.
Robokapp
I wonder where can I buy it from or download it from? I am a computer person and I prefer doing most of my work by hand but having a tool near-by that can check it all...So if anyone could guide me, it would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
You can buy it directly from http://www.wolfram.com/ , at student discount as well. Did you mean something else ? :confused:

If you're looking for really cheap you can try e-bay and you might get lucky.

Yah but watch out for pirated crap on ebay.

Remember, mathematica is somewhat of a coding language so you really need to plan on using it for a decent amount of time or else its not worth learning how to use.

1. Where can I find a legitimate download of Mathematica?

Mathematica can be downloaded from the official Wolfram website at https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/. It is important to only download from official sources to ensure the program is safe and up-to-date.

2. Is Mathematica available for free?

No, Mathematica is not available for free. However, there are trial versions and student discounts available. It is also included in certain educational and research institution licenses.

3. Can I download Mathematica on multiple devices?

Yes, you can download Mathematica on multiple devices as long as you have the appropriate license. You can manage your licenses and devices on the Wolfram User Portal.

4. Can I download older versions of Mathematica?

Yes, you can download older versions of Mathematica from the Wolfram User Portal. However, it is recommended to use the latest version for the most up-to-date features and bug fixes.

5. Is Mathematica compatible with all operating systems?

Mathematica is compatible with most major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. However, there may be some limitations or differences in functionality depending on the specific operating system.