Where can I find a long list of clearly solved trig integral problems?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lightlightsup
Messages
100
Reaction score
11
Homework Statement:: I need to develop my instincts on when to use u-sub, integration-by-parts, trig substitution, etc. But, I need to read/see tons of problems actually being solved with these techniques to know which technique to apply quickly.
Relevant Equations:: Sorry for the vague question.

I've already got access to textbooks, solution banks, Paul's notes, etc.
But, I thought this was still worth asking.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
My go-to resource for all kinds of integrals is "CRC Standard Mathematical Tables." A friend gave me a copy (15th Ed.) back in the early 70s. It has a fairly large section on integrals, as well as tables for Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, and lots of other math-related stuff. The tables don't show complete worked examples, but you can sort of infer what technique is being used by the form of the solutions.

CRC is the Chemical Rubber Co. I don't know if the book is still being published, but you can find used copies for very little if you search on Amazon or eBay or used book sellers such as abe.com.

Another resource that I used to have it Schaum's Outlines. The one on calculus should have lots of tables of integrals and examples.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: lightlightsup