Where do you want to see yourself after 10 years

• Thread starter ElectroPhysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the person wants to be a professional scientist, musician, and/or artist by the end of the decade. They would also like to have financial freedom and be in a happy and healthy relationship.
ElectroPhysics
Come on guys, be serious. Tel me where do you want to see yourself after ten years.

In ten years, I want to complete my PhD in engineering, establish an institute to teach master level courses in Physics and engineering plus to establish or atleast be a great contributer to establish power electronics industry plus to make a lot of mony :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Happily married with kids and poring over Ivanseeking's "Diet" post with a great sense of urgency. :biggrin:

I would like to be in cafe/restaurant with fellow graduate students discussing topics in mathematics/physics.

I would like to be an apodted son of Hugh Hefner. Just relaxing at the Playboy mansion :cool:

mattmns said:
I would like to be an apodted son of Hugh Hefner. Just relaxing at the Playboy mansion :cool:
I want to be mattmns adopted brother.
:smile:

very hopefully, still in the field of physics

angelina said:
very hopefully, still in the field of physics

*blink, blink* :smile:

In ten years? Married, a professional musican, composer and conductor.

Or Married and a physicist or a chemist (haven't decided which yet).

The Bob (2004 ©)

1. Alive and happy
2. Good health for myself and family
3. At least BSc in physics with the ability to further understand certain topics I enjoy.
4. Enough money so I never have to work a single day for other people and so that I may freely do what I want in my life and not be bound by finances
5. Good friends

Not ...

... homeless.
... lacking a source of regular income.
... still alone.
... physically or mentally ill.
... completely bored.

It's all about the nots for me.

cragwolf said:
It's all about the nots for me.
Bowline, Reef, Granny, Fisherman's, Scaffold, Hangman's, Sheepshank... Anyother knots? :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Finishing Phd in Mechanical Engineering, or some other Engineering field.

Done with Physics PhD, working at a Uni somewhere.

Happily married, without kids (yet).

Thats about it.

Making love to someone met on Physics forums while waiting for the voting to end so I can see if I finally win a trophy for funniest forum member.

Emperor of the World.

tribdog said:
Making love to someone met on Physics forums while waiting for the voting to end so I can see if I finally win a trophy for funniest forum member.

Cyber sex...

:yuck:

In ten years? Alive.

Finishing PhD in Planetary Science.

I like tribdog's answer, except I'll be seeing if I can sweep the bio guru awards for the 10th year in a row. I hear there's a really special prize for that.

I hope to be living in a state that stays warm in winter.

By then, hopefully I'll be coming up for promotion to full professor, will be graduate program director for the dept I'm working in (of all the administrative things profs end up doing, grad program director has always sounded like one of the most fun ones). And I'll be thinking about applying for a dept chair position in a few more years.

Maybe I'll have a 5(ish)-year old running around being cute as a button and smart as a whip (how smart are whips anyway?), who's busy looking for where his Christmas presents are hidden while his mom is having fun with his dad.

warm in winter=Arizona=me
smart as a "whip"=Whipple=me
co-inkidink?
or are you hitting on me?

tribdog said:
warm in winter=Arizona=me
smart as a "whip"=Whipple=me
co-inkidink?
or are you hitting on me?

Oh, I was thinking smart as a whip, as in the kid will take after his mom! :biggrin: Ba dum bum.

I'll take the 10 of clubs please.

Just to add...it's not usually a good dating strategy to talk about having a kid with someone in 5 years before you even know their name, is it?

Last edited:
ElectroPhysics said:
Come on guys, be serious. Tel me where do you want to see yourself after ten years.
Seriously? Safely cradled in the arms of Ixtab. :smile:
(in cu'xtal yucu'lcaba', ma top xan ni' :!) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Emperor of the World.
Damnit! You took mine! Ahhh.

In 10 years I will be in charge of a Guerilla terrorist band about to overthrow Ivan's World Government and re-instate myself as it's rightfull leader.

i'll be in my 12th year of grad school probably...

DiracFeynman said:
i'll be in my 12th year of grad school probably...

Hehehehe.

:rofl:

Just done with or about to finish my PhD in astrophysics with a decent enough bit of freelance writing mixed in. Oh, and an Amateur Extra Ham liscence would be cool as long as I'm at it!

selfAdjoint said:
In ten years? Alive.
Yep! If so I'll still be working!

Last edited:
Please ignore my post ... by now, I should know better than post this kind of thing after 3 glasses of excellent (Australian) chardonnay, very very late on Friday.

Sorry to hear that, i know the feeling though.

I concur :redface: :shy: