The Origin of Gods: A Scientific Perspective

• Thread starter heusdens
  • Start date
In summary, the concept of "God" originated in the minds of primitive man and is not necessary to explain the material world. The current world does not need a concept of "God" and it only serves to confuse our understanding of the world. The concept of "God" does not serve the rights of humans and has been used to eliminate the rights of others. The quote by Lloyd Billingsley highlights the danger of fanaticism in any belief system. Instead of focusing on profit and economic growth, we should prioritize social and economic development for all individuals and take care of environmental issues.
Look up the link (grandfather test report): http://mwhodges.home.att.net/new_96_report.htm [Broken]

It is Apple to Apple comparison. Read it. US education is somewhere on 20 place among other nations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by heusdens
The qeustion as the where "God" comes from, is adressing the issue of how the concepts of Gods came into existence.
A "God" outside of our mindly concepts, "God as a reality" can not be assumed, our profound and well tested explorations of the material world, do no show any indication of the existence of such entities, neither any need to relend on the existence of Gods, to explain anything in the material world.

The concept of "God" was a human invention, which originated in the minds of primitive man, which was not equipped with the means for scientific and structured inquiry of the material world.

The current world, does not need a concept of "God". In effect, we should strive to radically eliminate all concepts of "God", as they serve no purpose, and only confuse our vision on the material world.

It does not serve the rights of us humans, to have a concept of "God", it only serves the rights of those, that want to eliminate the rights of millions and billions of people, that seek a better future, in which they have normal human rights.

We need to look upon the world, as it is, and can from that scientific outlook on the world, to a possible world, that contains fundamental human rights for every world citizin.
And not just those that have the economic and militrary power, to suppores other nations and populations.

AMEN, MY FRIEND!

Originally posted by Iacchus32
Then what do you say we take a vote on it? And yes. Something so fundamental as freedom of religion.

What is fundamental about freedom of religion, and what is the freedom involved?

I can for sure think about more fundamental rights we as humans can have. And why is to believe in something for which there is no proof a right, and what has it got to do with freedom?

What is fundamental about freedom of religion, and what is the freedom involved?

I can for sure think about more fundamental rights we as humans can have. And why is to believe in something for which there is no proof a right, and what has it got to do with freedom?
At the very least it gives us the freedom to make up our own minds about God, which thus entails the "freedom of belief." And if it wasn't for that we wouldn't be here discussing it, because we would all be under the domain of the Roman Catholic Church, and there would be no accountability for Atheism whatsover ... Although, dare I say it? there is very little about the Roman Catholic Church which is "truly religious" either.

At the very least it gives us the freedom to make up our own minds about God, which thus entails the "freedom of belief." And if it wasn't for that we wouldn't be here discussing it, because we would all be under the domain of the Roman Catholic Church, and there would be no accountability for Atheism whatsover ... Although, dare I say it? there is very little about the Roman Catholic Church which is "truly religious" either.

The only "religious freedom" I know of is the freedom to be free of religious ideas.

The only "religious freedom" I know of is the freedom to be free of religious ideas.
This is freedom of belief, which also entails freedom of religion, as well as freedom of "non-belief" (of religion).

This is freedom of belief, which also entails freedom of religion, as well as freedom of "non-belief" (of religion).

Ever read about christianity (and other religions) and how it conquered the world throughout history?
The adaption to that belief, I can tell you, was not just based on voluntarity.

That's why I think we should be set "free" of such religious "freedom".

What any person wants to believe in personal life, is not my business or that of the state, but religion should stay out of daily life (not institutionalized, not tought at schools).

Ever read about christianity (and other religions) and how it conquered the world throughout history?
The adaption to that belief, I can tell you, was not just based on voluntarity.
And yet the idea of freedom of religion was adopted speicifically to the United States.

That's why I think we should be set "free" of such religious "freedom".
Freedom of religion also means freedom "from" religion, as Royce so aptly put it in the other thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2636".

What any person wants to believe in personal life, is not my business or that of the state, but religion should stay out of daily life (not institutionalized, not tought at schools).
So what makes it any different than that already? Except perhaps for the tele-evangelical crap you see on TV. Hey, if you want to cast out those devils it would be fine with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet the idea of freedom of religion was adopted speicifically to the United States.

No wonder that the US is a fundamentalistic state.

No wonder that the US is a fundamentalistic state.
There are no doubt elements to this, but I think it's more regional. So, if you don't like the way people behave in a certain part of the country you can always move ... a luxury rarely affordable in other parts of the world.