Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where should I go?

  1. Jan 18, 2005 #1


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member


    I'm going to apply to a program that will allow me, should I be selected, to spend a year at one of the U.S. University listed below. However, the only ones I ever heard of are MIT and Harvard! I have to list those Universities in order fropm the one I'd prefer to go to, to the one I'd least like to go to. I'd be much grateful if you could list those Universities in order of best to worst (according to you) for their physics department. And of course, any comments are welcome.

    1. American Univeristy

    2. Bridgewater State College

    3. Ithaca College

    4. Harvard University

    5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

    6. Plattsburgh State University

    7. Smith College

    8. Wellesley College

    Thanx a lot!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2005 #2

    I would pick MIT over harvard, those being the top two on the list. after that I'm not sure. I would Wellesley would have the smallest physics program out of all of them, but i could be wrong. I don't know anything about the others.

    Oh also, i don't know if you're a guy or a gal, but SMith and Wellesley are women's only schools, in case you didn't know.
  4. Jan 19, 2005 #3
    Wellesley has a good program, I know the resident astronomer there. Also the school allows you to take classes over at MIT so if you're not sure you can get in Wellesley is a good alternative.
  5. Jan 19, 2005 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    I'm not female. Aren't Wellesley and Smith girls-only schools?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook