Where to find information on corrosion's socioeconomic impact and prevention

  • Thread starter Thread starter KLscilevothma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Corrosion Resources
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
KLscilevothma
Messages
315
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm doing a project on socioeconomic implications of corrosion and prevention. Do you have any good websites where I can get information of this topic? It seems to me that it's kinda difficult to find relavent information from the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm not sure if I can help with this, but I will ask one question:

Corrosion of what, specifically?

Knowing that might help.
 
For example iron, and I want to get more information on socioeconomic implications rather than corrosion and preventions.

Thanks
 
I'm going to kick this over to Other Sciences to see if it gets some more action there.
 
You can look at replacement costs for "infrastructure," roads, bridges, pipelines, sewer systems, dams, and the costs of catastrophic failures in such vs. maintenance. The service lives of merchant vessels vs. drydocking and rebuilding, undercoating auto bodies vs. rusting fenders falling off and filling the ditches of the Jersey tnpk, scheduled aircraft inspection and replacement of critical airframe components (particularly in marine or near marine service environments), galvanized steel vs. "un-" in farm storage buildings, warehouses, commercial structures, -----
 
A materials science/engineering textbook would be a good resource. In one of my classes they mentioned how much corrosion prevention costs. The numbers are staggering.