Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to get articles about physics

1. Jul 4, 2003 #1
    In fact i think that when you want to understand a theory..the best think is to ask the author of it...however the most normal think is that she/he will be dead...so the only chance for you is to read his/her article...that is my doubt..where could i find the articles of the scientist who made history..einstein,feynmann,dirac and others?..

my request is about a webpage to download copies of the articles of nobel prize winners..in its theoretical aspect.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2003 #2
    You just need to consult the older journals,

some now have websites. Physical Review Letters now has a website. They have many of the pioneering papers by people like Feynman and Dirac.

4. Jul 4, 2003 #3

ahrkron

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Just take into account also that, as time passes and a theory is worked on for some time, people understand it deeper and, usually, find easier ways to explain the basic assumptions involved.

Original articles (especially Einstein's) are of course always great to read, but bear in mind that they were written in the context of a very different stage of development of physics; very different questions were regarded as interesting or relevant, which may render the presentation obscure for someone from a different time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?