1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where would I find statistics on gpa by major?

1. Apr 11, 2012 #1
    I never really thought that I had a poor gpa until an interviewer said they won't even look at someone with less than a 3.5 gpa. I thought that was a little extreme and it has me wondering where I stack up.
    Does anyone know of a place that I could find some statistics on the matter?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2012 #2

fss

Why is it extreme to limit your hiring to B+ students and higher?

4. Apr 12, 2012 #3
    3.5 is not B+. 3.5 is in between A- and B+. That does sound extreme.

5. Apr 15, 2012 #4
    My University has a +/- system so an A- is a 3.7 and a B+ is a 3.3. My GPA is 3.32 (pretty much the same overall and in major) and while I admit that I could have studied harder and gotten a better gpa, I was never really embarrassed by it.
    I just want to mention on a side note that I was informed by the company HR that they are putting together an offer package for me, so maybe the guy just wanted to see how I would react or something.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook