1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which book is well suitable for the study of tensor analysis and group theory

1. Nov 7, 2009 #1
    Please introduce me a good book for my self_study of tensor analysis and group theory.
    I am a sophermore preparing to self-study them!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2009 #2
  4. Nov 10, 2009 #3
    thank you for your reply so much!
    En,uh. I just want to do theoritical physics in the future. I knew mathematics is very, very important to comprehend the theory of physics, and actually I did encounter some difficulties while self-studying the principles of mechanics. So, I thought I should learn more about mathematics such as algebra and differentiable manifolds.
    I wish you, friends can recommend me some such books with their concrete book names!

5. Nov 10, 2009 #4
    En, I have studied mathematical analysis and algebra.
    I am studying some other mathematics such as mathamatical phyics and probability, ordinary diffrential equation!
    If you are seasoned enough, give me some detailed suggestions!

6. Dec 21, 2009 #5
    "Groups and their Graphs" by Israel Grossman and Wilhelm Magnus

I used this book in my junior year of high school. It's a really good introduction to the subject.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook