Which Science Courses Should I Take? Physics Major, Last Year.

• Thread starter Dynamics101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary: I mean SCIENTIFIC, including any real natural or physical science courses, engineering courses, computer science, Mathematics courses.
Dynamics101
Physics major. Last year. Should I
A. Take calculus three during he next semester AT MY home institution and take computer science during this summer at a community college.
Or
B. Take calculus 3 this summer and take Theory of Probabilty next semester at my home institution.

Let hear some opinions and advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
One might wonder how you managed to get into the final year of a physics degree without taking a complete sequence of calculus. Maybe I'm not understanding something. Anyway your situation is what it is. I would aim to get the calculus 3 course done as soon as you can if you're intending on taking an upper year E&M course.

That's assuming you have time over the summer to do such a thing. Generally I think it's best in most cases for students to be working full time over the summer if they can. It builds up real world skills and give you some life experience that can be really helpful once school is over.

Likes Dynamics101
Dynamics101 said:
Physics major. Last year. Should I
A. Take calculus three during he next semester AT MY home institution and take computer science during this summer at a community college.
Or
B. Take calculus 3 this summer and take Theory of Probabilty next semester at my home institution.

Let hear some opinions and advice.
Take no scientific courses during the summer, unless your summer session is 18 weeks in length. Choose something to study without enrolling in it during the summer.

symbolipoint said:
Take no scientific courses during the summer, unless your summer session is 18 weeks in length. Choose something to study without enrolling in it during the summer.
When you say scientific do you mean the computer science or he calculus?

Dynamics101 said:
When you say scientific do you mean the computer science or he calculus?
I mean SCIENTIFIC, including any real natural or physical science courses, engineering courses, computer science, Mathematics courses.

FAQ: Which Science Courses Should I Take? Physics Major, Last Year.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a class?

When choosing a class, it is important to consider your career goals, interests, and academic strengths. You should also look at the course description, prerequisites, and workload to ensure it aligns with your academic plan and schedule.

2. How can I find out which classes are required for my major?

You can find out which classes are required for your major by consulting your academic advisor or looking at your university's course catalog. You can also use online resources such as DegreeWorks to track your progress towards your degree.

3. What resources are available to help me choose a class?

Your university's academic advising office and career center are great resources for helping you choose a class. They can provide you with information on course offerings, career paths, and academic requirements. You can also talk to professors and students who have taken the class before for their insights.

4. Can I take a class outside of my major?

Yes, you can take classes outside of your major as long as they fulfill your university's general education requirements or count as electives towards your degree. Taking classes outside of your major can also help you explore other interests and broaden your knowledge base.

5. What should I do if I am struggling in a class?

If you are struggling in a class, the first step is to talk to your professor. They can provide you with additional resources and support to help you succeed. You can also visit tutoring centers or form study groups with classmates. It is important to seek help early on rather than waiting until it is too late.