Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Which graphing calculator to buy? approved for the SAT, ACT, AP

Tags:
  1. May 6, 2010 #1
    I'm currently taking a high-school pre-calculus class and next year I'm going to be taking AP Calculus and Physics I. I plan to major in Physics in college and I'm looking for a calculator that will get me through all of that.

I need one that's approved for the SAT, ACT, AP, and is powerful enough for advanced Physics classes.

Can anyone recommend a good one? I've only really seen TI calculators but I know there are other good ones out there. I'd also like to stay within a budget of $60 (used on Amazon).

Just for reference, the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition is $60 used on Amazon and new ones are $165.

I know I can get them from other sources but I'm just trying to get a common point of reference.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2010 #2
    Re: Which graphing calculator to buy?

My favourite calculator is the Hewlett Packard 48G. This is old and you will have to eBay it most likely. However, I would recommend that you buy the "Mathcad" software used. An older version will do you fine. The latest version is about $1000.00 FYI.

4. May 19, 2010 #3

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

5. Jun 2, 2010 #4
    Re: Which graphing calculator to buy?

ti nspire - (texas instruments) is the best one and its 100$-150$

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook