Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong To?

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
In summary: It's the first time I take the test. So, it's not like I'm trying to look good for you, Greg.That was one of the worst "personality" tests I have ever seen. Terrible. I got 100% Gryffindor, followed by Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, in that order. The test was terrible, but I am very brave. In summary, The conversation was about taking a personality test to determine which "House" one would belong to in the Harry Potter series. Despite the tediousness of the 112-question test, many participants proudly shared their results, with Ravenclaw being the most common choice. However, some participants

Who are YOU in Hogwarts?

• Gryffindor

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Ravenclaw

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Hufflepuff

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Slytherin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
I'll bet I'm in Ravenclaw because I'm too smart to bother answering 112 questions. :rolleyes:

And yes, I love the series, but not enough to suffer that sort of tedium.

I belong to the Delta House.

After going through the questionaire it said I belong to the Lamda Lamda Lamda House.

Last edited:
I got Hufflepuff with a score of 83% compatible.
My scores for the other houses were:
Gryffindor: 82%
Ravenclaw: 80%
Slytherin: 17%

Looks like I'd have given the sorting hat some difficulty choosing. :biggrin:

Mmm Ravenclaw for me

Ravenclaw : 92
Slytherin : 54
Gryffendor : 88
Hufflepuf : 56

Weird. Similar test usually tie me between Ravenclaw and Slytherin

Expertise and smarts, not jock virtues, are what I groove on. The hat would never put me anywhere but Ravenclaw.

Added: I wrote the above before I took the test. My test scores were Gryffindore 82, Ravenclaw 86, Hufflepuff 77, Slitherin 14. So apparently I have higher regard for "jock virtues" than I thought!

Last edited:
100 Gryffindor
84 Ravenclaw
73 Hufflepuff
45 Slytherin

Ravenclaw 97%, with Gryffindor at 94%.

Ravenclaw: 95
Gryffindor: 86
Hufflepuff: 73
Slytherin: 41

Equal parts Ravenclaw & Griffindor. Not that this can mean anything - that's currently the worst survey I've ever taken. Every line that has multiple clauses has internal inconsistencies.

Gokul43201 said:
Equal parts Ravenclaw & Griffindor. Not that this can mean anything - that's currently the worst survey I've ever taken. Every line that has multiple clauses has internal inconsistencies.
Yeah...there was one with a parenthetical note...the one that asks if you're smart, then in parentheses says something like "even if this isn't reflected in tests or grades"...so, if it is reflected in tests and grades, do you disagree, or if it isn't, then is it really a question on how well you've deluded yourself into thinking you're smart when you aren't? :confused: It's scary that the site claims it's being used for real research. I don't expect internal consistency on a survey that's just for fun, but if it's a real survey for real analysis, that's a BIG problem. But it's a good illustration of how the way a survey question is asked can affect the type of responses given. The survey writer probably has a future career writing public opinion polls for election years. :biggrin:

Slaughter House
Fifth Chapter

Gryffiindor 79
Ravenclaw 78
Hufflepuff 75
Slytherin 23

This is a joke of a test, an awful waste of time. Anyway, caving into peer pressure:

Gryffiindor 80
Ravenclaw 38
Hufflepuff 0
Slytherin 98

Got Hufflepuff... I odn't read the books thouhg...

rachmaninoff said:
This is a joke of a test, an awful waste of time. Anyway, caving into peer pressure:
Gryffiindor 80
Ravenclaw 38
Hufflepuff 0
Slytherin 98
No good wizard has ever come out of Slytherin. Arrrr I'm a pirate!

Took the test
Raven 97
Grif 90
Huff 85
Slyth 29

I'm ashamed of all you non dune fans. Ashamed...very...really...ashamed...

franznietzsche said:
I'll admit I'm one of them...I'm a complete fan of non dune.

Ravenclaw for me...

Gokul43201 said:
I'll admit I'm one of them...I'm a complete fan of non dune.

My head is too many sizes too big for me to laugh right now. So fie.

franznietzsche said:
I got it. I just didn't respond. Next time I'll consider posting some rofling smilies to gratify your ego... maybe.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I got it. I just didn't respond. Next time I'll consider posting some rofling smilies to gratify your ego... maybe.

spoken like a true Hufflepuff

I actually did take the test.

Raven 75
Gryf 74
Huf 73
Slyth 23

1. What is the purpose of the sorting hat in Harry Potter?

The sorting hat's purpose is to sort first-year Hogwarts students into one of the four Hogwarts houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. The sorting is based on the students' personality traits and values, rather than their abilities or blood status.

2. How does the sorting hat determine which house a student belongs to?

The sorting hat takes into account the student's personality, values, and desires. It can also see into their thoughts and memories to make a more informed decision. The hat also considers the student's choices, as it takes their opinion into account when making the final decision.

3. Can a student request to be placed in a specific house?

Yes, a student can request to be placed in a specific house, but ultimately, the sorting hat has the final say. The hat takes the student's request into consideration, but it will place them in the house that best suits their traits and values.

4. Is it possible to be sorted into multiple houses?

No, it is not possible to be sorted into multiple houses. The sorting hat takes into account all of the student's traits and values and places them in the house that best fits them. However, a student may possess qualities from multiple houses, which can make it difficult for the sorting hat to decide.

5. Can a student change their house after being sorted?

Yes, it is possible for a student to change their house after being sorted. However, it is rare and usually only occurs in extreme circumstances. For example, if a student's values and personality change significantly, the sorting hat may take that into account and place them in a different house. Additionally, students can also request to be re-sorted by the sorting hat if they feel they have been placed in the wrong house.