Which programming language should I use?

• Thread starter yup790
  • Start date
"Okay. Can I even do complex mathematical calculations in Matlab along with plotting graphs of complex mathematical equations?"

Is that a yes? - you mean we can do complex mathematical calculations in Matlab? :smile:

Example:
Suppose I want to draw a graph for sec θ=x + 1/4x
I want 'θ' on the y-axis and different values of 'x' on x-axis. Can I plot the graph?

I am Sorry if I am going beyond the context of what should be asked in "Programming & Comp Sci" section. But if anyone here who is good at Matlab can explain me this. That would be great. Just want to know if it's possible to plot graph of complex mathematical functions after performing complex mathematical calculations(calculations involving Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry, Probability), both done in the Matlab software. I will be doing Digital and Analog Signal Processing and Analysis. Purpose is to analyze signals/graph and generate random signals/graph. I don't want to switch softwares and languages after finding out that it's not useful for my purpose. I only know that Matlab can do things like recognition/detection.
You can draw these graphs very easily with Matlab. Or even Octave (which is a opensource software which is similar to Matlab.

For that matter, you can draw these graphs even in Microsoft Excel or Libre Office.