Which school? West Virginia Univ. or Parks College at St. Louis Univ.

In summary, it can be difficult to determine which school has a better reputation in the field of science between West Virginia University and Parks College at St. Louis University. Both schools have strong programs and reputable faculty, so it is recommended to research and compare the specific science programs offered at each school. The tuition and fees for each school also vary, so it is best to visit their websites or contact admissions for up-to-date information. In terms of resources and facilities for scientific research, both schools have well-equipped options and it is recommended to visit their campuses and speak with faculty and students for a better understanding. Both schools also have a strong alumni network in the field of science, so reaching out to alumni can provide valuable insights. The internship and job
choiboi
Hello, I recently changed my career path to Aerospace Engineering from BioChem. I currently have a BS in BioChem from UC San Diego in Cali, so I looked into transferring into a AE program at out of state schools. Unfortunately, due to the budget crisis in Cali, most/all public schools are not accepting 2nd BS or transfers. So I had apply to out of state schools. Even worse was, I changed my career path so late in the year that i was only able to apply to 2 schools this year. West Virginia Univ (Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources) and St. Louis University (Parks College of Engineering, Aviation & Technology). Didn't have the time to look/talk with every single school in US. I was just curious at first if I can get into a program and see what are my chances were and to hear I got into both really gave me hope in my career change. So I guess my main question is, which school will give me a better education/rep to get internships and employment at a company as an Aerospace Engineer? Like at Northrop, etc. I know a lot has to do with my academics and character, but i still want to have that extra boost from my school background.

I know tuition and cost is a factor, but I want to ask this first.

Also, I've thought about just waiting another year and apply to more schools closer to Cali and with a better ranking, but I don't know if it will be worth the wait for a BS degree. I am currently 26 yrs old and want to really get my career started as soon as I can. Please let me know what you think. Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org
It is difficult to say which school will offer you the best education and reputation for internships and employment. Both West Virginia University and St. Louis University have good reputations for aerospace engineering, so it could be beneficial to research the specific programs and see which best fits your goals. Additionally, you may want to reach out to alumni from each school, or current students, to get a better idea of their experiences with the respective programs and what they have done to secure internships and employment. You may also want to look into the faculty to see if they have industry connections that could be beneficial to your career. Ultimately, the decision of which school to attend should come down to more than just reputation; there are other factors such as cost, location, available resources, etc. that should be taken into consideration. If you are looking to start your career as soon as possible, attending one of the two schools this year may be the most beneficial option, since waiting another year to apply to new schools may set you back in terms of starting your career. Good luck with your decision!

1. Which school has a better reputation in the field of science?

It is difficult to determine which school has a better reputation in the field of science as both West Virginia University and Parks College at St. Louis University have strong programs and reputable faculty. It is important to research and compare the specific science programs offered at each school to determine which one aligns better with your academic and career goals.

2. What are the differences in tuition and fees between the two schools?

The tuition and fees for each school vary depending on factors such as program, residency status, and financial aid. It is best to visit the websites of each school and use their cost calculators or contact the admissions offices for more specific and up-to-date information.

3. Which school has better resources and facilities for scientific research?

Both West Virginia University and Parks College at St. Louis University have well-equipped facilities and resources for scientific research. However, it is recommended to visit each school's campus and speak with faculty and students in the science departments to get a better understanding of their research opportunities and facilities.

4. Which school has a stronger alumni network in the field of science?

Both West Virginia University and Parks College at St. Louis University have strong alumni networks in the field of science. It is beneficial to reach out to alumni from each school and ask about their experiences and connections in the industry to determine which one may be a better fit for your career goals.

5. How do the internship and job opportunities differ between the two schools?

The internship and job opportunities at each school may vary depending on location and industry connections. It is important to research and compare the internship and job placement rates, as well as the companies and organizations that frequently recruit from each school's science programs. Connecting with current students and alumni can also provide valuable insights into their experiences with internships and job opportunities at each school.