1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which school? West Virginia Univ. or Parks College at St. Louis Univ.

1. Jun 19, 2012 #1
    Hello, I recently changed my career path to Aerospace Engineering from BioChem. I currently have a BS in BioChem from UC San Diego in Cali, so I looked into transferring into a AE program at out of state schools. Unfortunately, due to the budget crisis in Cali, most/all public schools are not accepting 2nd BS or transfers. So I had apply to out of state schools. Even worse was, I changed my career path so late in the year that i was only able to apply to 2 schools this year. West Virginia Univ (Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources) and St. Louis University (Parks College of Engineering, Aviation & Technology). Didn't have the time to look/talk with every single school in US. I was just curious at first if I can get into a program and see what are my chances were and to hear I got into both really gave me hope in my career change. So I guess my main question is, which school will give me a better education/rep to get internships and employment at a company as an Aerospace Engineer? Like at Northrop, etc. I know a lot has to do with my academics and character, but i still want to have that extra boost from my school background.

I know tuition and cost is a factor, but I want to ask this first.

Also, I've thought about just waiting another year and apply to more schools closer to Cali and with a better ranking, but I don't know if it will be worth the wait for a BS degree. I am currently 26 yrs old and want to really get my career started as soon as I can. Please let me know what you think. Thank You.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted