1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who does Finite Element Modelling?

  1. Jan 27, 2012 #1

    Could anyone point me in the right direction?

    I'm employed at a small firm, only three employees at the time being. Our competencies spans from architecture to programming. We're in need of somebody who can help us create a finite element solution which we can implement in the cad software we use.

    Who does Finite Element modelling? A building engineer? A Mathematician?

    I'm a beginner at both math and physics so I don't know if making a finite element model of a system is a complicated task or if its easy for a professional?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2012 #2


    Staff: Mentor

    Usually mechanical engineers have this interest and expertise. You might google for a consulting company that specializes in FEM and farm your work out to them.
  4. Jan 27, 2012 #3
    Within mechanical engineers, they would have their expertise...In my company we have guys that do structural/deformation/fatigue/crack analysis, and we have different set of guys that do fluid dynamics. Then, of course, you have the electrical engineer that might need to do electromagnetic/electrostatic analysis, etc.
  5. Jan 30, 2012 #4
    Thanks for the answers. I found two solutions. One was a site where I can hire freelance engineers for a project. I found several guys that does Finite Element Analysis. Or else I can use on of the renowned companies.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook