Why did I get different accuracy for different algorithms?

In summary, there are several reasons why different algorithms may produce different accuracy results, such as variations in data, complexity, and implementation. To determine the most accurate algorithm for your data, it is recommended to compare results and consider project goals. It is possible to improve an algorithm's accuracy through various methods, and accuracy is not the only measure of an algorithm's performance. Different types of data can also affect algorithm accuracy, so it is important to choose an appropriate algorithm for the specific type of data being analyzed.
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
Why did I get different accuracy for different algorithms in same dataset?
1651926555284.png

Here are the codes(not all might be present, take it with grain of salt).

https://github.com/prabesh-regmi/Employee-Promotion-Prediction

Technology news on Phys.org
"I might have made a mistake somewhere - here is a dump of all my code. Or maybe not. You figure it out." is a mighty big ask.

What work - if any - are you willing to do here?

Likes berkeman
@shivajikobardan, it's unreasonable to ask us to look through several thousand lines of code to figure out why you are getting what you got.
Thread closed.

Likes Wrichik Basu, .Scott, jim mcnamara and 3 others

1. Why did I get different accuracy scores for different algorithms?

There are several factors that can influence the accuracy of an algorithm, such as the quality and quantity of data, the complexity of the problem, and the parameters and settings used for each algorithm. It is also possible that some algorithms are better suited for certain types of data or problems, leading to varying accuracy scores.

2. How do I determine which algorithm is the most accurate for my data?

The best way to determine the most accurate algorithm for your data is to perform a thorough analysis and comparison of different algorithms. This can involve using different evaluation metrics, such as precision and recall, and experimenting with different parameters and settings for each algorithm. It is also important to consider the specific characteristics and requirements of your data and problem when selecting an algorithm.

3. Can I combine multiple algorithms to improve accuracy?

Yes, it is possible to combine multiple algorithms to improve accuracy. This technique, known as ensemble learning, involves training multiple models and then combining their predictions to make a final decision. Ensemble learning can often lead to better accuracy than using a single algorithm, but it also requires more computational resources and careful selection and combination of the individual models.

4. Why did one algorithm perform significantly better than the others?

There could be several reasons for one algorithm to perform significantly better than others. It is possible that the algorithm is better suited for the specific data and problem at hand, or that the parameters and settings used for that algorithm were more optimal. It is also possible that there was some bias in the data that favored the performance of that particular algorithm.

5. What can I do if I am consistently getting low accuracy scores for all algorithms?

If you are consistently getting low accuracy scores for all algorithms, it could be an indication of issues with the data or problem itself. It is important to thoroughly analyze the data for any errors or inconsistencies, and to review the problem formulation to ensure it is appropriate for the data. You may also need to explore different algorithms or feature engineering techniques to improve the performance. Consulting with other experts in the field or seeking out additional resources can also be helpful in these situations.