Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why elements are sometimes called the "s" block?

  1. Feb 27, 2007 #1
    Okay guys need to know why The Group I and Group II elements of the periodic table are sometimes called the "s" block?

    Sorry for the vaigness of the question this is what they gave me.

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2007 #2
  4. Feb 27, 2007 #3
    Ok thanks. just read the sticky sorry guys wont happen again.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook