Why is my eyebrow healthier than my head hair?

• Thread starter gopher
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair Head
In summary: They are both human body hair. Testosterone tends to do that to hair (on head) as you grow older; for some worse than others due to heredity, as there is variance in how it interacts with the follicle for each person.
gopher
I noticed that my eye brow hair is substantially smoother,softer and healthier overall than my head hair? I know that part of the answer is that we touch and mess with head hair more but there must be another reason - at the molecular level.

And is it possible to make my head hair as healthy?

Biology news on Phys.org
The reason is physics.

Possible, impractical.

(Might want a bio' forum for more detail :biggrin:)

Many factors, the hair on your head is much older than the eyebrow hair. You probably comb your hear, put products in it, wash it with shampoo. The basic structures are different too, you should put it under the microscope and compare the thickness etc.

Monique said:
Many factors, the hair on your head is much older than the eyebrow hair. You probably comb your hear, put products in it, wash it with shampoo. The basic structures are different too, you should put it under the microscope and compare the thickness etc.

I think it's all that nurturing mite-poop.:biggrin:

Monique said:

Well people said the same thing ata other forums but I had already stated that.

But that can't be the full answer because I see people with head hair as healthy as their eye brow hair.

Are you male? Testosterone tends to do that to hair (on head) as you grow older; for some worse than others due to heredity, as there is variance in how it interacts with the follicle for each person. Other things to do: exercise, eat healthy, sleep, don't stress.

I don't think the eyebrow hair is that much younger than the head hair anyway.

1. Why do my eyebrows seem to have more volume and thickness than my head hair?

This is likely due to the fact that eyebrow hair has a shorter growth cycle compared to head hair. This means that eyebrow hair reaches the end of its growth cycle faster, resulting in a fuller appearance. Additionally, the hair follicles on our scalp tend to shrink as we age, leading to thinner and finer head hair.

2. Can eyebrow hair be used as an indicator of overall hair health?

While eyebrow health can be a reflection of your overall health, it is not necessarily an accurate indicator of hair health. Factors such as genetics, diet, and hair care routine can all play a role in the appearance and health of your hair.

3. Is it normal for my eyebrow hair to grow longer than my head hair?

Yes, it is normal for eyebrow hair to grow longer than head hair. This is because eyebrow hair has a shorter growth cycle, meaning it reaches its maximum length faster compared to head hair which has a longer growth cycle.

4. Are there any benefits to having healthier eyebrows compared to head hair?

Having healthy eyebrows can help enhance the appearance of your face and frame your eyes. Additionally, thicker and fuller eyebrows can also help protect your eyes from dust, sweat, and other particles.

5. Can eyebrow hair be affected by the same factors that impact head hair health?

Yes, eyebrow hair can also be affected by factors such as diet, stress, and hormonal changes, just like head hair. However, since eyebrow hair has a shorter growth cycle, it may not show the same level of damage or changes as head hair.