Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Why wont my Graphing Calculator link with my computer?

1. Feb 11, 2006 #1
    Why wont my Graphing Calculator link with my computer??

ok here is the breakdown... im running windows XP on my computer i installed the program last nite (with some help from you guys) and was really excited to start working with it but for some reason the graphing calculator(TI-83+) wont link with my computer for Graph Link or Connect so here i am, humbly, asking for more help
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2006 #2
    So the software isn't detecting your calculator? (I presume you have the TI Connectivity Kit (silver USB cable and TI Connect CD-ROM)).
  4. Feb 11, 2006 #3
    Did you get windows to install the new hardware?Evertime you put new hardware into your PC you have to install to windows
  5. Feb 11, 2006 #4
    no i have the black cable, no i didnt have windows instal the new hardware how would i do that?
  6. Feb 12, 2006 #5
    ok, I checked and the black serial cable works with the 83 Plus. You can't use TI Connect since you have the black cable. You may use TI-GRAPH LINK only. Since the cable isn't USB, Windows won't automatically detect the calculator or install its drivers automatically from the CD, so you'll need to do it manually. You need to uninstall all previous TI software completely and start a fresh install of the TI-GRAPH LINK software. Disregard the CD the cable came with-- download the newest version of the software here and install it. Let me know if you have any problems.
  7. Feb 12, 2006 #6
    yeah im still having problems with this thing i did what u told me, uninstalled everything, reinstalled the program off that site and tried again but i still got nothing, when i try to send flash software it does influence to calculator it will pause the blinking cursor for 2 seconds and then wont show any other signs.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  8. Feb 12, 2006 #7
  9. Feb 12, 2006 #8
    alright i guess thats my best bet, thanks a lot for all the help component
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?