Why the molecules still moving to create the diffusion and the effusion?

In summary, the molecules in the "freedom" form with a charge of 0 can still create diffusion and effusion due to statistical effects and other forces, even if they do not have a net charge. Their motion is not solely dependent on the presence of a force.
WARGREYMONKKTL
i know that the molecules in the "freedom" form that have charges equal 0. but i wonder why the molecules still moving to create the diffusion and the effusion?
some one please explain to me. thanks:!)

Physics news on Phys.org
It is unclear exactly what you're asking.

Diffusion and effusion are not results of any particular interaction between the molecules (except collisions). It is a statistical effect resulting from having a gazillion particles. It works just as well with billiard balls.
I hope it clarifies your question somewhat.

Why wouldn't they move? I think you are saying that because they do not have a net charge the molecues would have no force on them. That's not true- there are other forces. But even if a molecule has no force on it, that doesn't mean it is motionless. It would still move (at constant speed in a straight line) until there was a force (such as hitting another molecule).

1. Why do molecules continue to move in diffusion and effusion?

Molecules are in a constant state of motion due to their kinetic energy. This energy causes them to move randomly and collide with one another, leading to diffusion and effusion.

2. What drives the movement of molecules in diffusion and effusion?

The movement of molecules in diffusion and effusion is driven by the concentration gradient, or the difference in concentration between two areas. Molecules will naturally move from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.

3. Why does diffusion and effusion occur in both gases and liquids?

Diffusion and effusion occur in both gases and liquids because both states of matter are made up of molecules that are constantly in motion. In gases, the molecules are spread out and can move freely, while in liquids, the molecules are closer together but still have enough energy to move and flow.

4. How does temperature affect diffusion and effusion?

Temperature plays a significant role in the movement of molecules in diffusion and effusion. As temperature increases, the kinetic energy of molecules also increases, leading to faster movement and higher rates of diffusion and effusion.

5. Can diffusion and effusion occur in a vacuum?

Yes, diffusion and effusion can occur in a vacuum. In a vacuum, there is no air or other gas molecules present, but individual molecules still have kinetic energy and can move and collide with one another, leading to diffusion and effusion.