Did a Strong Wind Really Blow Away This Chihuahua?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wind
In summary, a dog named Tinker Bell was blown away by strong winds and was eventually found with the help of a pet psychic. The winds were reported to be around 70 mph and caused sirens to go off in the nearby area. Some suggest that the dog should go hairless to be more streamlined.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30448774/

This story rocks!

The dog, named Tinker Bell (you can't make this stuff up!), was blown away by a strong wind.

She was eventually found...with help from a pet psychic. Nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's an ill wind that blows no good at all.

Maybe the dog needs to go hairless to be more streamlined?

http://www.ns-knt.com/swf/pilot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will confirm the wind was 70 mph or better the day the pooch took a ride. I wonder if the dog stopped by Oz?

I live somewhat nearby, we had really high winds ~= 70mph, and we had a few sirens going off.

LowlyPion said:
It's an ill wind that blows no good at all.

I thought that was "It's an ill hooker who blows no one any good." :confused:

1. How strong does the wind need to be to blow away a Chihuahua?

The strength of the wind required to blow away a Chihuahua varies depending on the size and weight of the dog. Generally, winds with speeds of at least 20-30 miles per hour would be needed to lift a Chihuahua off the ground.

2. Can a Chihuahua survive being blown away by strong winds?

It is unlikely that a Chihuahua would survive being blown away by strong winds. The impact of hitting the ground or other objects could cause serious injuries or even death.

3. Is it safe to walk my Chihuahua outside on a windy day?

It is not recommended to walk your Chihuahua outside on a windy day, as even moderate winds can be strong enough to lift the dog off the ground. It is best to wait until the wind calms down before taking your dog for a walk.

4. What can I do to protect my Chihuahua from strong winds?

If you live in an area prone to strong winds, it is important to have a secure outdoor area for your Chihuahua to prevent them from being blown away. If you are outside with your dog, keep them on a leash and close to you at all times. It is also a good idea to have a collar with identification and contact information on your dog in case they do get blown away.

5. Are Chihuahuas more susceptible to being blown away by wind than other dog breeds?

While Chihuahuas are small and lightweight, making them more vulnerable to being blown away by wind, any dog breed can be affected by strong winds. It is important to always take precautions and be aware of weather conditions when taking your dog outside.