1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wind forces, sraightline v cyclonic

1. Mar 1, 2015 #1
    Hello, I have question about wind forces on a human body. (Wind force may be an incorrect phrase.)
    I have looked at a few other threads but haven't found an answer yet.

Thisnisnfor a fictional short story I'm writing for fun.
    Info -
    SciFi
    A character in armored suit is hanging upside down from a pipe on the roof of a building in a bad storm. Severe strightline winds. Has armored suit as there are many rocks the size of small apples hitting her.

What I have written is that she is barely holding on but shenwill be in trouble if the storm turns into a cyclone, with the and pulling her from every direction at once.

Questions:
    - Would cyclonic winds naturally be stronger than straight line winds?
    - Would her feet have more forcenupon them than her arms or body?
    If there are any other flaws in my thinking please let me know.

I am a new member but I plan to stay here, not just ask a question and leave. I wish I would have found this site sooner! Awesome site and resource.

Thank you in advance if you're able to respond.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2015 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I don't think that you need to assert that the winds would be stronger. Just the changing directions will make an already precarious hold fail.

4. Mar 2, 2015 #3
    Thank you, DaleSpam. Much appreciated. ☺

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook