Is my Windows clock not syncing properly? Help!

In summary, the clock on the motherboard wasn't synchronized with the clock on the computer, and changing the battery fixed the problem.
Kostas Tzim
Hey everyone ,earlier this day, when i boot my pc i saw that the clock was losing time...i tried multiply times to fix it but again when i reboot the system the problem was still here. i opened bios and i saw that even there the clock wasn't synced. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/ this is the motherboard i have the pc is self-built but i have it a year only...is it possible that the battery is dead? please help me i find it so confusing having a problem on a device :@

Computer science news on Phys.org
anyone please?

Kostas Tzim said:
Hey everyone ,earlier this day, when i boot my pc i saw that the clock was losing time...i tried multiply times to fix it but again when i reboot the system the problem was still here. i opened bios and i saw that even there the clock wasn't synced. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/ this is the motherboard i have the pc is self-built but i have it a year only...is it possible that the battery is dead? please help me i find it so confusing having a problem on a device :@

Generally, the real time clock is driven by the same battery which provides power to the non-volatile RAM which stores your BIOS settings while your PC is turned off. If you remove this battery or it goes bad for some reason, you'll lose these BIOS settings. Generally, these batteries have such a low current drain that they can last for years, or at least until your PC becomes obsolete and it's time to be replaced. :wink:

You haven't said how much time your losing with your clock, but unless you are doing some time-critical work with your PC, like launching a satellite, I wouldn't worry about it. Over time, the battery will get weaker and the time difference will increase.

i fixed it, i just changed the battery probably faulty

Likes harborsparrow
It seems that you applied Occam's razor to the problem and it worked.

really interesting i just googled it...never knew what was this occam's razor you referred :)

try changing your CMOS battery in cpu.

thanks, i did this and it worked!

1. Why is my Windows clock not syncing?

There could be several reasons why your Windows clock is not syncing. It could be due to incorrect time zone settings, a weak internet connection, or an outdated operating system.

2. How do I fix my Windows clock not syncing?

To fix your Windows clock not syncing, you can try adjusting your time zone settings, ensuring that your internet connection is strong, or updating your operating system. You can also try manually syncing your clock by clicking on the "Sync Now" button in the Date and Time settings.

3. Why is my Windows clock showing the wrong time?

If your Windows clock is showing the wrong time, it could be due to incorrect time zone settings, a dying CMOS battery, or a hardware issue with your computer.

4. How do I change the time zone on my Windows clock?

To change the time zone on your Windows clock, go to the Date and Time settings and click on "Change time zone." Select the correct time zone from the drop-down menu and click "Apply."

5. Can I manually set the time on my Windows clock?

Yes, you can manually set the time on your Windows clock by going to the Date and Time settings and clicking on "Change date and time." From there, you can adjust the time and date to your desired settings. However, it is recommended to have your clock automatically sync for accuracy.