Wiring a permanent split capacitor motor

• Thread starter ovi85
  • Start date
Greetings
This query is regarding a 5 wire induction motor without a wiring diagram from a washing machine, one permanent capacitor, no centrifugal switch. here its 240v 50hz
I would appreciate someone explaining how to actually figure out the connections after measuring the resistance of the terminals against each other with various ohm readings, I want to learn this procedure.
I will include here the chart from measuring resistance between the wires, and someone could tell me do this and that to get it run, that's ok..
green-brown 92ohm
green-orange 140.1ohm
green-blue 86.9ohm
green-white 73.3ohm
brown-orange 106.1ohm
brown-blue 89ohm
brown-white 75.3ohm
orange-blue 44.8ohm
orange-white 31ohm
white-blue 14ohm
IMG_0649[1].JPG

But in general as well if someone could write down instructions of how to figure out the connections in any induction motor when I have the information of the resistance of wires to each other.

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
It just so happens that we had a PF regular, Jim Hardy, who posted much information on your question. Using old washing machine motors was one of his passions.

Sadly, Jim passed away this year, but the following PF search will surely find your answer.

It just so happens that we had a PF regular, Jim Hardy, who posted much information on your question. Using old washing machine motors was one of his passions.

Sadly, Jim passed away this year, but the following PF search will surely find your answer.

This is a good one. A veritable JH textbook.

Thanks for your references