WMD & Bioterrorism: US & Russia's Intelligence Agencies

• Thread starter karthik3k
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of bioterrorism and the countries and weapons involved in it. The individual is a student who needs information for a seminar but is unsure of where to find it. Some suggestions are to search on PubMed and the American Society of Microbiology website.
karthik3k
I want to know more about Bioterrorism.
Actually i want to know about the countries and the weapons they possess.

Do you know any links to US and russian Intelligence agencies.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why, are you buying?

God ! :eek:
Iam just a student
I got to give a seminar in that Topic.
I donno wer 2 get that stuff...
thats y..

No, cause if you're buying I can give you some tips...

Haha, don't panic karthik..but...who knows...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! :cool:

karthik3k said:
I want to know more about Bioterrorism.
Actually i want to know about the countries and the weapons they possess.
If only we knew.. in a few instances we do know who legally has material that can be turned into a bioweapon, small pox for instance.

go to pubmed
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

i do a search using bioterrorism. There is plenty of good paper to get you started.

Also try American society of Microbiology
http://www.journals.asm.org/search.dtl

1. What is a WMD?

A WMD, or weapon of mass destruction, is a type of weapon that is capable of causing widespread death and destruction on a large scale. This can include nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons.

2. How do the US and Russia's intelligence agencies monitor WMD and bioterrorism threats?

The US and Russia's intelligence agencies use various methods to monitor WMD and bioterrorism threats, including surveillance, intelligence gathering, and analysis of potential threats. They also work closely with other countries and international organizations to share information and coordinate efforts to prevent attacks.

3. What steps are being taken to prevent WMD and bioterrorism attacks?

Both the US and Russia have implemented various measures to prevent WMD and bioterrorism attacks, such as strengthening border control, increasing security at key facilities, and investing in advanced detection and response technologies. They also work together to identify and disrupt potential threats before they can be carried out.

4. How likely is a WMD or bioterrorism attack to occur?

The likelihood of a WMD or bioterrorism attack is difficult to determine, as it depends on various factors such as the actions of terrorist groups, the effectiveness of prevention and response measures, and international relations. However, both the US and Russia take the threat very seriously and continue to monitor and prepare for potential attacks.

5. What are the consequences of a WMD or bioterrorism attack?

A WMD or bioterrorism attack can have devastating consequences, including loss of life, destruction of infrastructure, and long-term health and environmental impacts. It can also lead to increased fear and instability within a country and globally. Therefore, it is crucial for intelligence agencies to work together to prevent and respond to these threats.