Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,777 replies · 457K views
OmCheeto said:
Avoiding pulling weeds is in this case not an idiom. It's been 15 years since I could comfortably bend over. Hence, my gutter garden.
I have a stool that I sit on to pull weeds but now I have gotten to the point where getting up from the stool is nearly impossible. To make it worse all of the affordable weed piller folks are being deported.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,810 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SKIMP 972 (wb 1087)(Seed: ranked 2237 and used by 3 others)
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨 FUNGO 9/8/34 (53)
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛ DOWNY 1/1/3 (7)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NOTCH

global mean: 3.955

edwardII said:
...getting up from the stool is nearly impossible.
I had to ask an elder friend how to get off the ground a couple of years ago after I laid down on their lawn.
 
Wordle 1,811 3/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ WHOMP 332 (wb 370)(Seed: ranked 2324 and used by 2 others)
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟩 FOLKY 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ALLOY

global mean: 3.981
 
I was about to ef up again. Still not optimal but could've been worse:

Wordle 1,811 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (174).webp
 
Seems I got the shortest straw this time (also this time). :smile:

EDIT: Also, I used some crazy seed words, I'm painfully aware.
 
Wordle 1,812 3/6*

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ BIPOD 6/1/11 ∑18 (wb 18)(Seed: ranked last)
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛ OMBRE 1/0/2 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NOBLY

global mean: 4.462
VERY lucky seed today.
 
Wordle 1,813 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ BRICK 410 (wb 429)(Seed: ranked 344 and used by 55 others)
⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛ WORMY 1/0/2 (5)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MORPH

global mean: 3.881
 
I really effed up with the previous one. Truth is I probably hadn't made it. I forgot about it as I had other stuff to do. This one went better:

Wordle 1,814 3/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (176).webp
 
Wordle 1,814 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 SWIFT 228 (wb 255)(Seed: ranked 330 and used by 58 others)
🟨🟨🟨⬛🟨 BUTCH 0/0/1 (1) eyeballed, not the lowest score
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 THUMB

global mean: 3.730
 
Wordle 1,815 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 HOKUM 144 (wb 164)(Seed: ranked 2920 and used by 1 other)
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟩 SIGMA 0/0/1 (3)
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩 MEDIA (2) oopsies! forgot to turn off my 'value' filter: MANIA & MAFIA are also valid
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩 MANIA (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MAFIA

global mean: 4.512

Well.... at least I tied the global mean.
 
I choose the word I thought was least likely :cool:

Wordle 1,815 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,816 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CUMIN 849 (wb 956)(Seed: ranked 1803 and used by 4 others)
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ GHOST 1/1/5 (7)
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛ WHELK 1/0/0 (1)(new, 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WHARF (old)

global mean: 3.898
 
Not my proudest moment but at least I got it:

Wordle 1,816 6/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (180).webp
 
edwardII said:
I choose the word I thought was least likely :cool:

Wordle 1,815 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Funny how that sometimes pays off! :smile:
 
Wordle 1,817 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ HUMID 289 (wb 335)(Seed: ranked 1255 and used by 9 others)
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ SWIFT 61 (67)
🟨🟨🟩🟨⬛ GAILY 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ALIGN

global mean: 3.479
 
I realy put some thought into it this time.

Wordle 1,817 2/6*

⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (181).webp
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,818 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ FUNGO 876 (wb 1105)(Seed: ranked last)
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ BRICK 183 (248)
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ LYMPH ? (16)
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 ZESTY (1) (1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TESTY

global mean: 3.873

I was so excited to almost get a triple 5 black that I forgot to log my 'remaining solutions' number.
 
Wordle 1,819 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ SKIMP 136 (wb 148)(Seed: ranked last)
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩 FLACK 0/0/4 (4)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BREAK

global mean: 3.829
 
I was dancing all around the solution thinking that is was too commonly used.

Wordle 1,819 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩