Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,777 replies · 457K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 646 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This word is not in the my solution list! First time I've seen that.
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 646 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This word is not in the my solution list! First time I've seen that.
Sh**.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and sbrothy
fresh_42 said:
Sh**.
Same here. Did you get your list from Github? When I got stuck close to the end, I just started manually rearranging letters. Luckily it was a word I had seen before.
 
scottdave said:
Same here. Did you get your list from Github? When I got stuck close to the end, I just started manually rearranging letters. Luckily it was a word I had seen before.
I only use a dictionary.
 
fresh_42 said:
I only use a dictionary.

As with "sh.t" above I bet you're also frequently tempted to make a little pun on the solution. I had the perfect one the other day but I had a feeling it was too early and would give too much away. Neeedless to say it eludes me now and noone remembers the word anyway.

Of course it's not really fair for those who haven't had a go at it before the fat lady starts singing.

I'm not criticizing anyone mind, it just sort of popped up. :)
 
sbrothy said:
As with "sh.t" above I bet you're also frequently tempted to make a little pun on the solution.
Yes, indeed. I made an exception at this one since the comment is only funny if you already know the solution, and is otherwise not really helpful. But even without comment, previous solutions alone are sometimes helpful:
fresh_42 said:
Wordle 646 3/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I admit that I used the rightmost green box in @sbrothy's first guess.

In the end, my point of view is, that nobody is forced to read the comments here prior to their own attempt. Solutions, however, should be avoided.
 
fresh_42 said:
Yes, indeed. I made an exception at this one since the comment is only funny if you already know the solution, and is otherwise not really helpful. But even without comment, previous solutions alone are sometimes helpful:In the end, my point of view is, that nobody is forced to read the comments here prior to their own attempt. Solutions, however, should be avoided.

Good point.
 
Wordle 647 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Once again I wasted a guess by moving a green one. I tend to do these at the wrong time of day.

Oh. It's 2:15 here. No wonder. Good night.

And I also completely omitted the first yellow one in the second guess. Definitely too late for this.

*facepalm*.