Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
OmCheeto said:
I'm both retired, and single. I can't think of anything better to do than be geeky, thank you very much.

Though, I do prefer 'nerdy'.
'Geeky' always struck me as someone with only one interest. I have many interests.
Though, wait a minute...
No. I still socialize with my friends, garden, plan on going to the 'Saturday Market' tomorrow, along with picking blueberries at a nearby farm.
Though......
hmmm....
You may be correct.
:blushing:
The way to resolve this issue is to give you the title that most of my friends have resorted to calling me: "neeky" :D

Close one today:

Wordle 1,498 6/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜ AUREI
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨 STAUN
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩TAUNT
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩MAUNT
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩DAUNT
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩HAUNT

We're going camping for the next week and I'm not allowed to bring my laptop, so I'm restoring to github codespaces and phone coding for my wordlebot :cry:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and OmCheeto
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,498 4/6

⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛ DATER 16
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩 SPLIT 2 Orod/Om hybrid method
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 VAUNT 1 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
No cheating! Picture later ….

Wordle 1.499 4/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-27 21-07-30.webp
 
Last edited:
Signal is horrendous here but at least I can still play wordle...

Wordle 1,499 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(I'll put my guesses on later: in a rush right now)
 
TensorCalculus said:
Signal is horrendous here but at least I can still play wordle...

Wordle 1,499 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(I'll put my guesses on later: in a rush right now)
What was your seed word?
 
sbrothy said:
What was your seed word?
AUREI, I think
Annoyingly, the fact that I played wordle with no signal (after the initial page load) means my game got erased.... grr....

Even worse: no signal = no phone coding :(((
 
As you can see I tried LEAST with some success. I looked at the start words other people used on wordlebot.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
Just analyzed playing the game when the 'past tense' words start flooding.
I suspect I will have very few rotating seed words in the future.
#1 is CREPT
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Just analyzed playing the game when the 'past tense' words start flooding.
I suspect I will have very few rotating seed words in the future.
#1 is CREPT
Weird one actually....
 
Wordle 1,500 3/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛ STEAL 29
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛ SWAMP 5 left. Orodruin method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 1 of 3 perfect guesses. Picked by RNG

A bit of a rough one today. I was VERY lucky with my seed, and the final random pick.
The global mean was 4.898
5.4% of global players failed to solve the puzzle.

sbrothy said:
Weird one actually....
I agree. But those are the most numerous letters in the list below.
I'm curious how people are going to play in hard mode when faced with so many choices of the '_A_ED' pattern:

oared, rated, pared, sated, tased, cared, raced, bared, raged, paled, taped, raked, cased, laced, fared, lamed, mated, tamed, based, raved, baled, caned, bated, hated, gated, named, razed, caped, paced, bayed, fated, sawed, naked, saved, gaped, laved, paged, caged, waned, lazed, gamed, taxed, caked, pawed, faced, cawed, paved, vaped, famed, baked, caved, waged, japed, faked, waked, maxed, hazed, gazed, waved, eared, fazed, faxed, waxed, jawed, eased, dared, dated, faded, waded, dazed, jaded

Only 3 letters of the alphabet are not in the list: I, Q, & U

I'm also curious how the NYT is going to release these buggers.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and TensorCalculus
Aah...

Wordle 1,500 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ AUREI
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 MOATS
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩 PALSY
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩 DASHY
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩 SAGGY
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩 SASSY

I somewhat feel like blaming it on the fact that I'm Gen Z (Gen alpha by some sources but I don't want to be Gen Alpha haha so we will believe the sources that say 2011 is Gen Z) and therefore the word sassy comes to mind before savvy which isn't really used by our generation but then there are so many wordle words that we never use so that's not really an excuse is it
 
Yeh Well SAVVY I was not. Picture follows when I’ve set up Pauline (my Linux box). SAPPY and SAUGRY it was not though.

And I even tried to cheat. :H

Screenshot from 2025-07-28 19-37-23.webp
 
Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,500 3/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛ STEAL 29
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛ SWAMP 5 left. Orodruin method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 1 of 3 perfect guesses. Picked by RNG

A bit of a rough one today. I was VERY lucky with my seed, and the final random pick.
The global mean was 4.898
5.4% of global players failed to solve the puzzle.


I agree. But those are the most numerous letters in the list below.
I'm curious how people are going to play in hard mode when faced with so many choices of the '_A_ED' pattern:

oared, rated, pared, sated, tased, cared, raced, bared, raged, paled, taped, raked, cased, laced, fared, lamed, mated, tamed, based, raved, baled, caned, bated, hated, gated, named, razed, caped, paced, bayed, fated, sawed, naked, saved, gaped, laved, paged, caged, waned, lazed, gamed, taxed, caked, pawed, faced, cawed, paved, vaped, famed, baked, caved, waged, japed, faked, waked, maxed, hazed, gazed, waved, eared, fazed, faxed, waxed, jawed, eased, dared, dated, faded, waded, dazed, jaded

Only 3 letters of the alphabet are not in the list: I, Q, & U

I'm also curious how the NYT is going to release these buggers.

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I should rethink my seed…
 
Wordle 1,501 2/6

⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ 1 left!
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yay! I love getting it in 2.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, TensorCalculus and sbrothy
Wordle 1,501 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜AUREI
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I sat there for like 15 minutes trying to figure out what guess #4 could be...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
TensorCalculus said:
Wordle 1,501 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜AUREI
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I sat there for like 15 minutes trying to figure out what guess #4 could be...
This is probably the primary reason I switched to augmented mode. Staring at the patterns for what seemed like forever with nothing clicking in my brain seemed like a waste of time. Someone mentioned 'crossword puzzles' a while back, and I'm pretty sure I had never once in my life completed one. I had a buddy that actually published books filled with nothing but crossword puzzles that he himself created. Unfortunately he passed away before Wordle existed. He would have been a formidable opponent.


Here's a display of a few histories of players compared to global players.
You can see that I played unaugmented for my first 200 games.
Jack Action played about 75 games that way.
Orodruin showed up in augmented mode. And after about 200 games, it appears he perfected his game, leaving Jack and I in the dust.
Some of the difference may be due to him playing the single best seed word, while I rotate through an ever changing list of about two dozen lesser quality words. But that's ok. Science is about experimenting.
PF Wordle Augments vs Global  2025-07-29 at 14.16.57.webp
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus, edwardII and jack action
Wordle 1,502 2/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛ AROSE 3 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not again. It takes all the fun out of the game when it's over so fast.
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, TensorCalculus and edwardII
OmCheeto said:
This is probably the primary reason I switched to augmented mode. Staring at the patterns for what seemed like forever with nothing clicking in my brain seemed like a waste of time. Someone mentioned 'crossword puzzles' a while back, and I'm pretty sure I had never once in my life completed one. I had a buddy that actually published books filled with nothing but crossword puzzles that he himself created. Unfortunately he passed away before Wordle existed. He would have been a formidable opponent.
Augmented mode? (Agreed that it feels a bit like a waste of time sometimes: when you're going round and round in circles... not able to think of the word...)
I love crosswords: what are the names of the books?
OmCheeto said:
Here's a display of a few histories of players compared to global players.
You can see that I played unaugmented for my first 200 games.
Jack Action played about 75 games that way.
Orodruin showed up in augmented mode. And after about 200 games, it appears he perfected his game, leaving Jack and I in the dust.
Some of the difference may be due to him playing the single best seed word, while I rotate through an ever changing list of about two dozen lesser quality words. But that's ok. Science is about experimenting.
PF Wordle Augments vs Global  2025-07-29 at 14.16.57.webp
Awesome graph!
I usually use the same seed word like Orodruin and then once every now and then throw in a different seed, just for fun. As you say, science is about experimenting :D.

Today was another "I've never heard of this word in my life"
Wordle 1,502 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜DREAM
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜SHOAL
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩SATAY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩ASSAY
 
Wordle 1,503 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 AIDER 27 left
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ CLOTS 2 left. Orod/Om hybrid method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RNG & jack action hybrid method
 
Been busy lately. Also, I’ve not been so lucky lately either:

Wordle 1.503 X/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
dwarde said:
Good grief Charlie Brown.

Wordle 1,503 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Apologies for laughing, but it reminded me of Pachinko.
Hmmm.... Haven't played that in 4.5 decades: 1980, Honolulu
Quite the silly game, IMHO.
 
Wordle 1,504 4/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Third guess was a little.. tongue-in-cheek.

1754008528260.webp
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and OmCheeto