Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
Wordle 1,778 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› UNHIP 27/15/52 βˆ‘94 (wb 114)(Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ SCION 7/3/16 βˆ‘26 (29)(1 of 2 remaining seeds)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© EYING 1/1/3 (6)(lazy mistake, IMHO. Should have been TRINE )
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© BLING 0/0/1 (1)(new)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BRING (used, from game # 164)

global mean: 3.691
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,779 6/6*

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› PUBIS 7/4/2 βˆ‘13 (wb 14)(Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© PUPPY 3/2/0 (5) (3.615, MAX 5)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© PUNKY 3/0/0 (3) (2.200, MAX 3)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© PUTTY 2/0/0 (2)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© PUDGY 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PUFFY

global mean: 4.364

blech.... Threw that seed in the trash.
 
Wordle 1,780 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ FICUS 13/9/11 βˆ‘33 (wb 42)(Seed: ranked last)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› DISCO 6/4/3 βˆ‘13 (15)(NOT a remaining seed. argh....)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ PISTE 1/0/1 (4)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RISER (trender choice)

global mean: 4.316

Along with not playing the game after waking up, one should not play the game when anxious to get back to a movie one is watching.
 
Wordle 1,781 5/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› HUMID 32/27/107 βˆ‘166 (wb 179)(Seed: ranked 1188 and used by 11 others)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› CHOWK 2/4/12 βˆ‘18 (21)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› BACHS 1/2/2 (5)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© LARCH 1/0/0 (1)(NEW)(1 OF 2 @ 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LATCH

global mean: 3.985
 
Wordle 1,781 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (146).webp
 
Wordle 1,782 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› FUNGO 33/35/92 βˆ‘160 (wb 194)(Seed: ranked last)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ Censored by PF! 1/1/0 (3) Never seen that before.
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© SKEIN 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LIKEN

global mean: 4.292
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,782 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› FUNGO 33/35/92 βˆ‘160 (wb 194)(Seed: ranked last)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ Censored by PF! 1/1/0 (3) Never seen that before.
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© SKEIN 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LIKEN

global mean: 4.292
Let me guess: PENIS? :smile:

Nah, that's hardly a dirty word.
 
sbrothy said:
Let me guess: PENIS? :smile:

Nah, that's hardly a dirty word.
Nope! I actually vacillated about posting it as the word has both a socially acceptable historical meaning, and is a racial slur. I was bold and told myself that in the PF court of posting, I would claim that I would never ever ever use the word in the later sense. I probably wouldn't have noticed the words swapped in except that they were twice as long in blurry hidden mode as a 5 letter word.

replacement words: cool person
 
Wordle 1,783 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SKIMP 177/184/493 βˆ‘854 (wb 1087)(Seed: ranked 1646 and used by 5 others)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› FUNGO 1/2/2 (7)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› BULGY 1/0/0 (1)(1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BUDGE

global mean: 4.252
 
OmCheeto said:
Nope! I actually vacillated about posting it as the word has both a socially acceptable historical meaning, and is a racial slur. I was bold and told myself that in the PF court of posting, I would claim that I would never ever ever use the word in the later sense. I probably wouldn't have noticed the words swapped in except that they were twice as long in blurry hidden mode as a 5 letter word.

replacement words: cool person
Yeah, what I meant was that how are we gonna have a decent medical discussion about urology if we can't use that word? Not that I'm eager to start one, but in principle I mean? :smile:
 
OmCheeto said:
Nope! I actually vacillated about posting it as the word has both a socially acceptable historical meaning, and is a racial slur. I was bold and told myself that in the PF court of posting, I would claim that I would never ever ever use the word in the later sense. I probably wouldn't have noticed the words swapped in except that they were twice as long in blurry hidden mode as a 5 letter word.

replacement words: cool person
Oh. OH! πŸ˜„

EDIT: Took a second for me to get it, but yeah!
 
Wordle 1,784 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› BOUGH 3/8/7 βˆ‘18 (wb 23)(Seed: ranked 883 and used by 16 others)
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› REBUY 1/1/1 (2)(1.706 MAX 3) (URBAN or UMBRA per WB)
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ FUBAR 1/0/0 (1.000)NEW (Not a likely solution per WB, hence deleted from my 'NEW' list)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 UMBRA

global mean: 4.295
 
Well, what do you know? Esoteric word, no?

Wordle 1,784 4/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (148).webp
 
edwardII said:
Wordle 1,784 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Nice. Not many clues. But on the other hand not many letters left. :smile:
 
edwardII said:
Wordle 1,784 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Now that is a very buttery rope you slid down.
Glad to see you landed in the required sea of green.
 
Wordle 1,785 4/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› SWUNG 11/6/20 βˆ‘37 (wb 41)(Seed: ranked last)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© SCION 2/1/2 (6)leftover seed
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© STEIN 1/0/0 (1)(1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SATIN

global mean: 3.293

Only 1 out of 54 of the last 750 games was this easy. ( ΞΌ ≀ 3.293 )
1 in 7 people got the answer on the 2nd guess.
1 in 3 million people did not solve the puzzle.
 
edwardII said:
I surprized mysefl on this one.

Wordle 1,785 2/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I suspected you had a good chance of getting it in two. I didn't mention it so as not to jinx you.

Now todays puzzle..... Let's just say it might be a tad more difficult.

Wordle 1,786 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ WHOMP 52/46/103 βˆ‘201 (wb 237)(Seed: ranked 2262 and used by 2 others)
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› PUNKS 1/0/2 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PARKA (OLD 1.000)

global mean: 4.523
 
edwardII said:
Wordle 1,786 5/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Believe it or not, I mock played your seed and got the answer on the 5th guess.
My play using your seed:
SALET
DAIRY
VAPOR
PARCH
PARKA


My guess as to your play
SALET
PRION, PROUD, or PRONG
PARCH
PARRY
PARKA
 
OmCheeto said:
Believe it or not, I mock played your seed and got the answer on the 5th guess.
My play using your seed:
SALET
DAIRY
VAPOR
PARCH
PARKA


My guess as to your play
SALET
PRION, PROUD, or PRONG
PARCH
PARRY
PARKA
Very close.
 
Wordle 1,787 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SCION 27/30/66 βˆ‘123 (wb 145)(Seed: ranked 827 and used by 17 others)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› BUNDH 6/4/24 βˆ‘34 (40)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© FAWNY 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NEWLY

global mean: 4.308