1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work program - fortran 95

1. Nov 4, 2012 #1
    Please help in the work of this program :

http://www.picpanda.com/ [Broken]

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2012 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Could you be more specific?

4. Nov 4, 2012 #3

lewando

Gold Member

Before anyone can help you, you have to help yourself a bit. What are you trying to do? What have you done already? What problems are you experiencing? Etc.

5. Nov 4, 2012 #4
    The question is :
    Write a program that will calculate the answer to this math problem.

I'm not skillful in Fortran

6. Nov 4, 2012 #5

lewando

Gold Member

You need to provide greater detail in describing your objective. Provide details of the input, for example. Describe the expected output as well. Is Fortran your only issue? Could you do the assignment if you used a programming language of your choice? If you have zero programming knowledge, what manual steps would you have to do to arrive at the result?

7. Nov 4, 2012 #6

uart

Science Advisor

Then start right at the beginning.

- Do you currently have a functioning Fortran compiler.

- Can you (have you) written something like a "hello word" program to verify you have the very basics of a program outline understood.

- Can you write any simple program, say to input two numbers and display their sum and product.

You've got to give us some idea or where you are currently at with Fortran, more than what you're so far given us which is basically "this is what I've gotta do and I know nothing".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook