Worker Sim Pulma Sheen: Solving a Pulley Problem

In summary, the conversation discussed a question about a worker using a pulley system to lift a 5000 N box 2 meters while pulling on a rope with a force of 500 N. The person tried to solve for the distance by using the equation W = F*D, but the correct answer was not among the choices given. They also discussed the possibility of getting extra credit for pointing out the error to their teacher.
Just_enough
Repost since it was removed from double questions.
1. Homework Statement

Worker Sim Pulma Sheen uses a system of pulleys to lift a 5000 N box 2 meters while pulling on the rope with a force of 500 N. This means the worker had to pull how much rope from the pulley system?
a) 0.2m. b) 2m c) 5m d) 10m e) 30m

Homework Equations

W = F*D?

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I tried to find the work of the obj then set it equal to the work done on the person (pulling) and divide by force to find distance, and got 20... is this not the right equation?

Physics news on Phys.org
Just_enough said:
I tried to find the work of the obj then set it equal to the work done on the person (pulling) and divide by force to find distance, and got 20... is this not the right equation?
You are correct.

Doc Al said:
You are correct.
what equation should I use then?

Just_enough said:
what equation should I use then?
Your analysis is correct as is. You used the correct equation. The correct answer is not among the choices--not your fault.

Where did you get the problem?

Likes Just_enough
Doc Al said:
Your analysis is correct as is. You used the correct equation. The correct answer is not among the choices--not your fault.

Where did you get the problem?
Oh haha, thought you mean I am am correct on not being correct. I got it from my physics teach for a home retake test on our quiz...

Just_enough said:
I got it from my physics teach for a home retake test on our quiz...
Maybe you'll get extra credit for pointing out his error. :smile:

Likes Just_enough
Doc Al said:
Maybe you'll get extra credit for pointing out his error. :smile:
I wish, it's hard to get in touch with him.

1. What is "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen"?

"Worker Sim Pulma Sheen" is a simulation game that allows players to take on the role of a worker named Pulma Sheen. The game focuses on solving a pulley problem in a realistic work environment.

2. How do I play "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen"?

To play "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen", you will need to navigate through different levels and tasks, using your problem-solving skills to fix a malfunctioning pulley system. You will also need to manage your resources and make strategic decisions to successfully complete the game.

3. What is the goal of "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen"?

The main goal of "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen" is to successfully solve the pulley problem and complete all tasks within the given time limit. This requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills.

4. Is "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen" is suitable for all ages. The game is designed to be educational and challenging for players of all ages. It also provides a fun way to learn about pulley systems and how they work in a real-world setting.

5. Can I customize my character in "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen"?

No, "Worker Sim Pulma Sheen" does not offer character customization. However, players can choose from different difficulty levels and challenges to make the game more personalized and challenging for their skill level.