World's Smallest Political Quiz

• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
kat

Main Question or Discussion Point

Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz

Evidently (and I would agree) "According to your answers, your political philosophy is on the border of left-liberal and libertarian.

My Personal Self-Government Score is 90%.
My Economic Self-Government Score is 50%.

Answers and Replies

According to your answers, your political philosophy is libertarian.

Libertarians are self-governors in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and tolerate economic and social diversity.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 60%.

Yeah, pretty much on target.

Zero
I score centrist, which makes perfect sense.
According to your answers, your political philosophy is centrist.
Centrist
Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 70%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 40%.

Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What does the question "Repeal regulations on sex for consenting adults" mean? As the quiz is US-based, I guess it's something about homosexuals, but maybe it refers to incest?

kat
Originally posted by Nereid
What does the question "Repeal regulations on sex for consenting adults" mean? As the quiz is US-based, I guess it's something about homosexuals, but maybe it refers to incest?
I assumed homosexuals as well as laws against adultry, prostitution and certain types of sex between consenting adults. For example striking sodomy laws.

Zero
Do consenting adults ever really engage in incest?

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 80%.

Do consenting adults ever really engage in incest?
Where do you think Alabama got its state motto from?

"Alabama: Keepin' it in the family since 1815"

Seriously, as taboo as it sounds, yes, some consenting people actually do engage in incest (but if I remember the text correctly, it's because of how individiuals define "incest").

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Apparently I am Left-Liberal :)

Prefers self-government in personal matters and central decision-making on economics. Wants government to serve the disadvantaged in the name of fairness. Leftists tolerate social diversity, but work for economic equality.

Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by kat
I assumed homosexuals as well as laws against adultry, prostitution and certain types of sex between consenting adults. For example striking sodomy laws.
Adultery and prostitution are illegal in the US??

FZ+
Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
Grade: Left-Liberal

Apparently I'm 40-40 centrist. I found the questions hard to answer, I wanted clarifications. I guess that's what you get with a short quiz, I wouldn't have taken it if it were long.

Adultery and prostitution are illegal in the US??
so you found out too late or what???

ME: Centrist
Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

schwarzchildradius
Yeah, your coice is Free Trade or Tariffs? How about ethical trade?

WOOHOO!

I'm a left-liberal - that's a good thing right?

BTW intersting to note that most people are leftist or leaning towards the left. MAkes you think eh? Especially since so many of the govts. of strong world powers are somewhat right leaning!

[?]