Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

World's Smallest Political Quiz

1. Dec 7, 2003 #1

kat

Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz

Evidently (and I would agree) "According to your answers, your political philosophy is on the border of left-liberal and libertarian.

My Personal Self-Government Score is 90%.
    My Economic Self-Government Score is 50%.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2003 #2
    According to your answers, your political philosophy is libertarian.

Libertarians are self-governors in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and tolerate economic and social diversity.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 60%.

Yeah, pretty much on target.

4. Dec 7, 2003 #3
    I score centrist, which makes perfect sense.
    According to your answers, your political philosophy is centrist.
    Centrist
    Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 70%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 40%.

5. Dec 8, 2003 #4

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What does the question "Repeal regulations on sex for consenting adults" mean? As the quiz is US-based, I guess it's something about homosexuals, but maybe it refers to incest?

6. Dec 8, 2003 #5

kat

I assumed homosexuals as well as laws against adultry, prostitution and certain types of sex between consenting adults. For example striking sodomy laws.

7. Dec 8, 2003 #6
    Do consenting adults ever really engage in incest?

8. Dec 8, 2003 #7
    Your Personal Self-Government Score is 80%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 40%.

Where do you think Alabama got its state motto from?

"Alabama: Keepin' it in the family since 1815"

Seriously, as taboo as it sounds, yes, some consenting people actually do engage in incest (but if I remember the text correctly, it's because of how individiuals define "incest").

9. Dec 8, 2003 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Apparently I am Left-Liberal :)

Prefers self-government in personal matters and central decision-making on economics. Wants government to serve the disadvantaged in the name of fairness. Leftists tolerate social diversity, but work for economic equality.

10. Dec 8, 2003 #9

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Adultery and prostitution are illegal in the US??

11. Dec 8, 2003 #10

FZ+

Grade: Left-Liberal

12. Dec 9, 2003 #11
    Apparently I'm 40-40 centrist. I found the questions hard to answer, I wanted clarifications. I guess that's what you get with a short quiz, I wouldn't have taken it if it were long.

13. Dec 9, 2003 #12
    so you found out too late or what???

ME: Centrist
    Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

14. Dec 9, 2003 #13
    Yeah, your coice is Free Trade or Tariffs? How about ethical trade?

15. Dec 9, 2003 #14
    WOOHOO!

I'm a left-liberal - that's a good thing right?

BTW intersting to note that most people are leftist or leaning towards the left. MAkes you think eh? Especially since so many of the govts. of strong world powers are somewhat right leaning!

[?]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?