Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Worst of The Best Movies

1. Jan 16, 2006 #1

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Worst of "The Best Movies"

What movies have you invested time or money to see, and wished you'd stayed home to clean the litterbox, tuned in to reruns of Bert Parks and Miss America, gone to a baseball game, watched golf, or anything else?

Paid perfectly good money to see in a theatre: 2001

Saw for free and still wanted my money back: Easy Rider

Rented: What Dreams May Come

Stayed up late to watch: War of the Roses

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2006 #2
    Dumb and Dumberer

4. Jan 16, 2006 #3
    :eek: I think you're going to hell for such blasphemy.

I went and saw the remake of the Honeymooners. It blew chunks. Ofcourse it wasn't my idea which made me even more mad.

5. Jan 16, 2006 #4
    any film that's a remake of a classic not for the film, often good, but for the tired idea of making a great movie again to sell seats, having said that though if they make it original in that they change it to suit a modern audience kudos: Oceans Elven a case in point.

Nightmare on Elm Street: any movie after the first one.

C'mon watch Candyamn/Candyman 2 now that's how to do a sequel:rolleyes:

6. Jan 16, 2006 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

Nighmare on Elm street 4 was okay, better than 2&3

7. Jan 16, 2006 #6
    the skulls. Im still trying to erase that movie from my memories.

pearl Harbor was the biggest load of **** I have ever rented.

8. Jan 16, 2006 #7

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Totally forgot about that --- and Truman still catches hell for the bomb he dropped.

9. Jan 16, 2006 #8
    No- the worst movie by and far is the Scorpian King- I have have never watched a guy die in more ways then that- and thats including every single time james Bond died in any movie.

10. Jan 17, 2006 #9

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Citizen Kane&Godfather 1,2,3

Totally worthless movies.

11. Jan 17, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Matrix.

Some of the new Star Wars stuff. I think the second recent release is the one that completely lost me.

Loved 2001, once you past the monkeys.

12. Jan 17, 2006 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

There were a crap load of inaccuracies in that movie too. The absolute most hilarious inaccuracy i saw was a building in a shot before the attack that said "Built: 1947". There was also something increddibly inaccurate about that whats his faces airplane being shot down when he was with the RAF that i can't remember

13. Jan 17, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

Go to your room.

14. Jan 17, 2006 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I thought the third was freaken awesometastic. Thats right, AWESOMETASTIC!!!!!! It was so awesome that it needed another incredible word such as fantastic to be rammed into it so that it could correctly describe how good the movie was. Anyone who disagrees with me is un-american.

15. Jan 17, 2006 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well...I have been visiting NSA websites...so I'll agree.

16. Jan 17, 2006 #15

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Amen: John Boy Walton in AQOTWF was a travesty; Patrick Stewart in Moby Dick (doesn't count for me --- I quit watching the ads before they ever ran the actual show), likewise.

AQOTWF brings up the stinging memory that I paid money for VHS copies of Apocolypse Now and Deerhunter --- why'd I start this thread? I didn't need to remind myself of that.

17. Jan 17, 2006 #16
    :surprised

:surprised

For me :

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
    All of the Starwars movies (except the POD racing scene)
    All the Matrix sequels (ok, not the first Matrix movie)

marlon

18. Jan 17, 2006 #17

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Out of curiosity, what about The Matrix didn't you like? I know it was a bit out there, but I have to like it if not for the fact that it was original. In this day and age, originality deserves it's own award when it comes to movies.

I think I am the only person on the planet that thinks that the second Matrix was the best of the trilogy.

19. Jan 17, 2006 #18
    that makes us 2.
    The second took everything that was good in the first one and made it better:approve:

20. Jan 17, 2006 #19
    Believe it or not, I thought all 3 Godfather movies were completely useless, as well as Citizen Kane. More notable piles of garbage include:

Battlefield Earth - What good things are there to say about it?
    Mafia! - Only movie from which I ever walked out
    What the $&^$&* Do We Know? - Um.......NO!!!!!!!
    Volcano - As a (former) LA Native, I find it difficult to believe anyone would want to sav that stinkhole.

and last but not least....

Batman 3 and 4 - Thank god for Batman Begins, or else I would have lost all hope for the franchise.

21. Jan 17, 2006 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yes you are the only person who thinks that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think it is true that one just has to admit that the Matrix was absolutely original. All these slow motion or futuristic crap movies that come out today alllllllll stem from the Matrix but you can't realistically go anywhere before it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?