Get Fit After Xmas: How to Burn Off Overindulgence

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Wolram recommends getting fit after xmas by doing things like walking, lifting weights, and dancing.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Getting fit after xmass, i had such a blow out, turkey, roast potatoes,sprouts, parsnips, mashed potatoes, carrots, and after xmass pudding, minced pies.

How does one burn in all off,or am i destined to be a fat git?

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Getting fit after xmass, i had such a blow out, turkey, roast potatoes,sprouts, parsnips, mashed potatoes, carrots, and after xmass pudding, minced pies.

How does one burn in all off,or am i destined to be a fat git?
Sounds yummy Wolram! If the weather is nice, walk it off, if not, put on some music and dance.

Merry christmas, btw! Be sure to come to New year's Eve chat, we'll be making movies.

One has to match caloric intake with caloric use, i.e., balance diet with exercise/activity.

Try walking two or three miles each day at a minimum. Also, light weight lifting and calisthenics would help. The objective should be to get the heart rate up for about 2 minutes, as well as moving all the joints/muscles. It's more important as one gets older - use it or lose it.

Although they say an occasional splurge won't cause weight gain as your body tends to trend towards a base weight, your weight will fluctuate but stay within a certain range, it's continual overeating that'll do you in. And don't quote me on the former, I read it years ago in a health journal and it could be completely wrong, it just seemed to make sense.

Evo said:
Sounds yummy Wolram! If the weather is nice, walk it off, if not, put on some music and dance.

Merry christmas, btw! Be sure to come to New year's Eve chat, we'll be making movies.

You say the nicest things, happy xmass to you, i can't wait for the new years chat :biggrin:

1. How long will it take to see results after following the "Get Fit After Xmas" program?

The amount of time it takes to see results will vary from person to person. It depends on factors such as your current level of fitness, consistency in following the program, and your body's response. Generally, you can expect to see some changes within a few weeks, but significant results may take a few months.

2. Do I need any special equipment or gym membership to follow this program?

No, you do not need any special equipment or gym membership to follow the "Get Fit After Xmas" program. The exercises and workouts included can be done at home with minimal equipment such as dumbbells or resistance bands. However, if you do have access to a gym, you can incorporate some of their equipment into your workouts for added variety.

3. Is this program suitable for beginners?

Yes, the "Get Fit After Xmas" program is suitable for beginners. The program includes modifications for exercises to make them easier for those who are just starting their fitness journey. It is always recommended to start slowly and gradually increase intensity as your fitness improves.

4. Can I still indulge in my favorite foods while following this program?

Yes, you can still enjoy your favorite foods while following the "Get Fit After Xmas" program. The key is moderation and balance. The program includes a balanced nutrition plan that allows for some indulgences in moderation. It's all about finding a healthy balance and not depriving yourself.

5. How many times a week should I do the workouts?

The program recommends doing the workouts 3-4 times a week. It's important to have at least one rest day in between workouts to allow your body to recover and prevent injury. You can also incorporate other forms of physical activity on your rest days, such as walking or yoga.