Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Xmass over indulgence.

1. Dec 27, 2011 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Getting fit after xmass, i had such a blow out, turkey, roast potatoes,sprouts, parsnips, mashed potatoes, carrots, and after xmass pudding, minced pies.

How does one burn in all off,or am i destined to be a fat git?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sounds yummy Wolram! If the weather is nice, walk it off, if not, put on some music and dance.

Merry christmas, btw!! Be sure to come to New year's Eve chat, we'll be making movies.

4. Dec 27, 2011 #3

Astronuc

One has to match caloric intake with caloric use, i.e., balance diet with exercise/activity.

Try walking two or three miles each day at a minimum. Also, light weight lifting and calisthenics would help. The objective should be to get the heart rate up for about 2 minutes, as well as moving all the joints/muscles. It's more important as one gets older - use it or lose it.

5. Dec 27, 2011 #4

Evo

Although they say an occasional splurge won't cause weight gain as your body tends to trend towards a base weight, your weight will fluctuate but stay within a certain range, it's continual overeating that'll do you in. And don't quote me on the former, I read it years ago in a health journal and it could be completely wrong, it just seemed to make sense.

6. Dec 27, 2011 #5

wolram

Gold Member

You say the nicest things, happy xmass to you, i cant wait for the new years chat :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook