Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

YAIP (Yet another idiot politician)

1. Jun 24, 2003 #1

FZ+

To think that once I sympathised with the green party and their focus on ecological preservation. And now I notice they are represented by such complete idiots with a degree in fear-mongering and ignorance.

"Enjoy".

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/opinion/story/0,12981,975880,00.html

Comments...?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2003 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Are any required? [zz)]

Wait, did you say you once sympathized with them?

4. Jun 25, 2003 #3

FZ+

Well, I agreed with them over their conservation stance, and towards control of polluting industries. I also agreed over their recycling issues etc. But now over GM and Nanotech, they just seem to be appealing to the lowest common denominator. It is ridiculous the "rational" inquiry they called has NO NANOSCIENTISTS in it.

Speaking of being blinded by science. They don't seem to even know that science existed.

5. Jun 25, 2003 #4
    This Caroline Lucas obviously has no idea of what she is talking about when it comes to physics and the actual technology...incredibly ignorant.

However, I think that any new stuff that we ingest, apply to our skin, etc., should have to gain approval...nanotech, traditional chemical methods, or otherwise, before they can be put on the market.

And don't observe one person and assume that she represents an entire party...does John McCain or rick santorum represent the entire Republican party?

6. Jun 26, 2003 #5

FZ+

Correct, except that as far as her job description says, she "represents" every Green voter in the south east of england to the European Parliament... And she has significant clout into the new inquiry process... truning it perhaps into a bit of a show trial.

7. Jun 27, 2003 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

FZ+, this is why I have NEVER supported any environmentalist movement. Virtually all are devoid of actual science and are instead based on irrational fear of technology.

Reducing pollution and conserving resources are a good thing - but environmentalist groups do nothing useful toward those ends.

8. Jun 27, 2003 #7
    How do you think we got pollution controls in the first place? How do you think that continue to be protected, in spite of those who would like to see them gone?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?