Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Photomosaic: A Must-See for Disney Fans!

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Disneyland has created a huge photomosaic of all the photos taken around the park over the last 50 years.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
As I mentioned in one of my Where am I threads, for the 50th aniversery, Disneyland has had a series of photomosaic images made and scattered them around the parks. Most of them are about 4'x8' (1.5m x 2.5m) and consist of about 7000 small images. I was particlarly impressed with this one which is HUGE, I am 6'3" (1.9m). We had to take a picture of it before we saw Steamboat Willy, it is a double Photomosaic, the large life size headshots, which form the pixels of Willy, are themselves photomosaics of much smaller black and white images. All of the small images are pictures taken around Disneyland over the last 50yrs.

http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/steamboat.jpg
here is a pic of one of the large pixels.

http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/head.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So that's what they do with all those photos they take as you enter the park that nobody buys! :biggrin:

Pretty cool!

Moonbear said:
So that's what they do with all those photos they take as you enter the park that nobody buys! :biggrin:
Maybe they should start a contest: find yourself from a previous visit.

Thats really cool. I've got friends trying to drag me there, so i might as well go see that.

in picture #1, why are two people standing in front of the wall wearing pictures?

yomamma said:
in picture #1, why are two people standing in front of the wall wearing pictures?
PhotoShop editing so Integral doesn't show the faces of his children who might be mortified to be seen in a picture with their dad all over the internet. :biggrin:

Sorry, all I could see in that first picture were Integral's legs. Great legs. :shy:

Moonbear said:
PhotoShop editing so Integral doesn't show the faces of his children who might be mortified to be seen in a picture with their dad all over the internet. :biggrin:
This is pretty close! I am not quite ready to expose the rest of my family to the sharks on this board. :biggrin:

I thought hiding them behind the mural was a pretty good idea. I left the legs just to make you all scratch your heads a bit. I didn't realize that they would be a distraction.

This is a totally amazing photo Mosaic, the two level bit still blows me away. Unfortunately I did not have time to really adsorb it in real life. It was very hard to see Steamboat Willy while standing in front of it, I think you would have to be back a good distance to see that pic.

1. What makes this Disneyland thread "yet another" one?

This Disneyland thread is called "yet another" because there are already multiple threads about Disneyland on the internet. This is just another one to add to the list.

2. Is this thread only about Disneyland in California?

No, this thread can be about any Disneyland location, including those in California, Florida, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.

3. What topics are usually discussed in this Disneyland thread?

This Disneyland thread is typically used to discuss experiences, tips, and recommendations for visiting Disneyland resorts, as well as news and updates about the parks.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in this Disneyland thread?

While the specific rules may vary depending on the forum or platform where the thread is located, generally it is expected that participants will be respectful and follow basic netiquette when posting in this Disneyland thread.

5. Can I share my own photos and videos in this Disneyland thread?

Yes, sharing your own photos and videos of your Disneyland experiences is often encouraged in this thread, as long as they are appropriate and follow any forum or platform guidelines.

Back