Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yet another Disneyland thread.

1. May 15, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As I mentioned in one of my Where am I threads, for the 50th aniversery, Disneyland has had a series of photomosaic images made and scattered them around the parks. Most of them are about 4'x8' (1.5m x 2.5m) and consist of about 7000 small images. I was particlarly impressed with this one which is HUGE, I am 6'3" (1.9m). We had to take a picture of it before we saw Steamboat Willy, it is a double Photomosaic, the large life size headshots, which form the pixels of Willy, are themselves photomosaics of much smaller black and white images. All of the small images are pictures taken around Disneyland over the last 50yrs.

[​IMG]
    here is a pic of one of the large pixels.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So that's what they do with all those photos they take as you enter the park that nobody buys! :biggrin:

Pretty cool!

4. May 15, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Maybe they should start a contest: find yourself from a previous visit.

5. May 17, 2005 #4
    Thats really cool. I've got friends trying to drag me there, so i might as well go see that.

6. May 17, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

in picture #1, why are two people standing in front of the wall wearing pictures?

7. May 17, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PhotoShop editing so Integral doesn't show the faces of his children who might be mortified to be seen in a picture with their dad all over the internet. :biggrin:

8. May 17, 2005 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, all I could see in that first picture were Integral's legs. Great legs. :shy:

9. May 18, 2005 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is pretty close! I am not quite ready to expose the rest of my family to the sharks on this board. :biggrin:

I thought hiding them behind the mural was a pretty good idea. I left the legs just to make you all scratch your heads a bit. I didn't realize that they would be a distraction.

This is a totally amazing photo Mosaic, the two level bit still blows me away. Unfortunately I did not have time to really adsorb it in real life. It was very hard to see Steamboat Willy while standing in front of it, I think you would have to be back a good distance to see that pic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?