1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yet Another Introduction to Analysis

1. Apr 26, 2005 #1
    [link]

Is this book worth it? It seems like an interesting read.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2005 #2
    what level are you at? if you've just done calculus with no set theory then that book looks like it would be a very gentle intro to analysis. if you have done some set theory I would get a more advanced book like the one by Pfaffenberger/Johnsonbaugh (it's cheaper too I think)

4. Apr 29, 2005 #3
    I've done a little set theory, but I'm not looking for an advanced text. I just want something I could read before I start university in a few months.

After going through random pages of it on Amazon, I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it.

Thanks for your reply though. :)

5. May 11, 2005 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

it looks like mr rogers on analysis. i would steer clear of it, unless you enjoy being talked down to.

6. May 11, 2005 #5

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I on the other hand think it would be excellent for the purpose devious wants. just to give him a leg up on understanding the course work to come. As a stand-alone teach yourself book, I agree it would be inadequate. Though depending on your financial resources and learning style it might be useful as a companion to a harder text.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?