What's the Next Number in This Sequence? Find Out Here!

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of "Yet another what's the next number?" is to explore patterns and relationships in a sequence of numbers and predict the next number in the sequence. Scientists use various mathematical and statistical methods to determine the next number in a sequence, but the accuracy of the prediction depends on the complexity of the sequence and the available data. There are many real-world applications for predicting the next number in a sequence, and some common techniques include using mathematical formulas, identifying patterns and trends, and analyzing historical data. Machine learning and artificial intelligence are also becoming increasingly popular methods for predicting the next number in a sequence.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Yet another "what's the next number"?

So, what's the next number in this sequence:

10,11,111,1011,1101,10011,11001,11111,100101,101001,101111,110111,111011,111101,?

I'd be impressed if anybody finds this :smile:

And going on sloane is cheating...

Mathematics news on Phys.org

micromass said:
So, what's the next number in this sequence:

10,11,111,1011,1101,10011,11001,11111,100101,101001,101111,110111,111011,111101,?

I'd be impressed if anybody finds this :smile:

And going on sloane is cheating...

I'll guess 1000011

67 is my guess as well, but it is just a guess - that is, no solid logic behind.

Yes I say 67 as well, ie. 1000011, ie. what they said.

I smell someone else's research =P

1. What is the purpose of "Yet another what's the next number?"

The purpose of "Yet another what's the next number?" is to explore patterns and relationships in a sequence of numbers and predict the next number in the sequence.

2. How do scientists determine the next number in a sequence?

Scientists use various mathematical and statistical methods, such as regression analysis and pattern recognition, to determine the next number in a sequence.

3. Can the next number in a sequence be accurately predicted?

It depends on the complexity of the sequence and the available data. In some cases, the next number can be predicted with a high degree of accuracy, while in others, it may be more challenging.

4. Are there any real-world applications for predicting the next number in a sequence?

Yes, there are many real-world applications, such as predicting stock market trends, weather patterns, and economic data.

5. What are some common techniques used to predict the next number in a sequence?

Some common techniques include using mathematical formulas, identifying patterns and trends, and analyzing historical data. Machine learning and artificial intelligence are also becoming increasingly popular methods for predicting the next number in a sequence.