You know you're a

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
This is a game that I just seem to have thought of and I thought would be interesting based on the way that most people in this forum think.

Every 16 posts (every page), someone gives a new word that can be defined as a classification of a person or a description of a person.

Then you respond with a situation that defines that person.

Word: Trekkie (a Star Trek fanatic)

Example: You know you're a trekkie when you base personal research off of things that you saw on the show.

Last edited:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know you're a trekkie when you can correctly use the word 'trekkie' in a sentence that is sensitive to its meaning.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I only have ten posts per page. :tongue:

You know you're a trekkie when your video collection looks like this:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/907/ds9vhspv9.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You know you're a trekkie when the room you watch the videos in looks like this:
bridge%20p3thum.jpg

http://www.reighn.com/theaterphoto.html

(not me I hasten to add - of course if it was Alien instead .... )

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Not wanting to name names but -
You know your a trekkie when you describe a galaxy in the HDF image as shaped like a klingon warship - in a paper to a refereed journal.

The astronomer-trekkie in question of course gave the precise ship class and model, so everyone else would know which galaxy in the field he was describing.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know you're a trekkie when you understand the significance of a flute.

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You know you're a trekkie if you can speak Klingon.

You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...
What?!?!? :surprised

It is said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:

Last edited:
What?!?!? :surprised

It said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:
All of the experiences ive ever had with trekkies (maybe 4-5 total) have involved them talking about how they hate star wars and how star trek is so much better hahaha

You know you're a trekkie when you argue to your physics teacher about a wrong answer by saying that Q could change the laws of physics at any time.

You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.
You know you're a trekkie when you feel the compulsion to point out that Romulan is actually spelled with an a.

You know you're a trekkie when you tell the police that missing people have been assimilated.

New subject: procrastinator

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get around to sending in that application to Procrastinators Anonymous.

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get started on yesterday's homwork.

You know you're a procrastinator when you will reply to this thread later when you feel like it.

wolram

Gold Member
You know you are a procrastinator when strange things start growing between your toe's.

turbo

Gold Member
You will never know you're a procrastinator if you're good enough at it.

You know you're a procrastinator when you uh ... you have ... you do ... just a sec, I'll get right back to you.

You know you are a procrastinator when you start doing all the problems in the book. Just because you don't want to do the ones that were assigned.

You know you are a procrastinator when you know you are a trekkie when you decide to have a kid because you heard Dr. Spock wrote a book about raising them.