Dembadon
Gold Member
- 660
- 88
My favorite number is 0, and my second favorite number is 1.
Oh, and eleventy.
Calrid said:I like watching people trying to put the infinite in a box, the mental masturbation alone makes infinity fascinating.
Ivan Seeking said:Favorite cardinality?
Calrid said:Not really got one as cardinality is a property again not really a number.
Of course it isn't really but axioms are fun. If we say infinity is bigger than infinity then it is I think is how it works. I personally think of infinity at least in reality as all there is, because it stops brain matter from leaking out of my ears too much and is practical.
Ivan Seeking said:Aleph numbers are not numbers?
Well, obviously, if you want to understand set theory, the last thing you want to do is think.
Calrid said:Philosobabble you might want to give it a miss.![]()
I don't think anyone can conceive of the infinity or represent it without an allusion which makes the definition non constructive and without any terms as well as useless. But its just an opinion.
Ivan Seeking said:I think so.
the infinities...
"Can't conceive", I'll buy; "can't represent" is a bit of a contradiction here. I'm pretty sure mathematicians have managed to represent them precisely.
jhae2.718 said:Don't tell that to the Pythagoreans.

Dembadon said:My favorite number is 0, and my second favorite number is 1.
Oh, and eleventy.
calrid said:ok show me infinity.
Dembadon said:Oh, and eleventy.
Ivan Seeking said:1, 2, 3...
HeLiXe said:and beventeen
![]()
Brazilians are nice.Calrid said:Squillions is my personal fave.
And umumloads.
LOLOL I've never heard of umumloads...instant favoriteCalrid said:Squillions is my personal fave.
And umumloads.
It is inferior to beventeenHelios said:If anyone knows something about 17, let me know.
HeLiXe said:LOLOL I've never heard of umumloads...instant favorite
It is inferior to beventeen
HeLiXe said:Caldrid you are killing me! How can I now focus on my illogical English assignment?
Calrid said:[...]
It's probably illogical because you don't understand twelvty properly anyway. Couldn't hurt..?
Calrid said:That's symbolic. Really should take this to the thread because its a bit of a derail. I'd be happy to discuss it with you there but I'll leave you with this: