Your terrorism nightmare

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Missiles are not the only method of delivery.
Of course not. I guess I misunderstood the intent of the original post. My bad. :redface:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
i_wish_i_was_smart said:
last i heard the only thing Korea could hit was southern Japan, and south Korea
I'm sure I recall Tenet saying that the CIA believed that DPRK may have range enough to reach the west coast of America. I think this was declassified about 5 or 6 months ago, maybe earlier.

the CIA also said there were pictures of weapons of mass destruction in Irak
i'll believe my governement before i believe yours..... no offence intended

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Really, no; Bush chose to only consider the evidence that this was the case; but that's another thread. It has been known for some time that N Korea could hit Hawaii.

hawaii is in the middle of the pacific ocean, anything that hits hawaii can not hit mainland, but i'll still believe my country before i believe yours, plain and simple

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
i_wish_i_was_smart said:
the CIA also said there were pictures of weapons of mass destruction in Irak
i'll believe my governement before i believe yours..... no offence intended
I said it was probably an overestimate. Private groups with access to high resolution satellite imagery (especially FAS and GlobalSecurity) seem to have suggested that the DPRK missile threat was really an empty threat. Pictures seem to show that the Nodong and Taepo' dong lauch facilities are in pretty lousy shape. Moreover, both FAS and Global Security (I think both were founded by the same person, John Pike) put the Taepo' dong range at less than 5000 km. The distance from North Korea to the west coast of America is about 8000 km. But I haven't looked lately to see if they've update/revised their info.