1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zumdahl or Silberberg [Intro. Chem]?

1. Apr 21, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering what you all recommend for studying/reviewing Introductory University Chemistry. I heard good things about the Silberberg textbooks, while I used Zumdahl at my school. So I was wondering, do you all think that Silberberg is better or should I maybe study a bit from both?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2008 #2
    I've used Zumdahl in the past, and I enjoyed/learned from it, but I've never used Silberberg. You say that you've used Zumdahl before too, of course, so I suppose my experiences with just the one book wouldn't help you too much. If you have both available to you, it can't hurt to check them both out and then make a decision from there.

4. Apr 24, 2008 #3
    Silberberg is more thorough and better organized.

5. Apr 24, 2008 #4
    omz, after looking through it myself I would also agree with you that it is better organized and does seem to have a more seamless integration between most topics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?