Finding Resistance

by Aditya3003
Tags: resistance
Aditya3003
Dec21-12, 11:25 AM
P: 6
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I need to find to resistance and am having problem as I do not know KCL's. All I know is the total resistance in series or parallel. I have attached the image. Find resistance b/w the 2 ends.

2. Relevant equations
If you have Resnik & Halliday open page 723(Vol2). and see figure 31-41. My question is same with r = 20ohm & R=10ohm.

3. The attempt at a solution
Attached Thumbnails
1.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
gneill
Dec21-12, 11:57 AM
Mentor
P: 11,409
Quote Quote by Aditya3003 View Post
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I need to find to resistance and am having problem as I do not know KCL's. All I know is the total resistance in series or parallel. I have attached the image. Find resistance b/w the 2 ends.

2. Relevant equations
If you have Resnik & Halliday open page 723(Vol2). and see figure 31-41. My question is same with r = 20ohm & R=10ohm.
If you don't know the basic circuit laws it's going to be difficult to proceed; All you can do is try to apply "canned" formulas. Hint: Look up "Y-Delta transformation".
mfb
Dec21-12, 12:13 PM
Mentor
P: 10,767
One resistor has zero current inside due to symmetry, you can remove it and use your formulas for resistors in series/parallel afterwards.

Register to reply