Finding Resistance

by Aditya3003
Tags: resistance
Share this thread:
Aditya3003
Dec21-12, 11:25 AM
P: 7
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I need to find to resistance and am having problem as I do not know KCL's. All I know is the total resistance in series or parallel. I have attached the image. Find resistance b/w the 2 ends.

2. Relevant equations
If you have Resnik & Halliday open page 723(Vol2). and see figure 31-41. My question is same with r = 20ohm & R=10ohm.

3. The attempt at a solution
Attached Thumbnails
1.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
gneill
Dec21-12, 11:57 AM
Mentor
P: 11,626
Quote Quote by Aditya3003 View Post
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I need to find to resistance and am having problem as I do not know KCL's. All I know is the total resistance in series or parallel. I have attached the image. Find resistance b/w the 2 ends.

2. Relevant equations
If you have Resnik & Halliday open page 723(Vol2). and see figure 31-41. My question is same with r = 20ohm & R=10ohm.
If you don't know the basic circuit laws it's going to be difficult to proceed; All you can do is try to apply "canned" formulas. Hint: Look up "Y-Delta transformation".
mfb
Dec21-12, 12:13 PM
Mentor
P: 11,631
One resistor has zero current inside due to symmetry, you can remove it and use your formulas for resistors in series/parallel afterwards.

Register to reply