Register to reply

Hv(jω) Magnitude Calculation in non-standard circuits.

Share this thread:
DabaDuBa
Jan31-13, 10:56 AM
P: 7
I was wondering how to calculate the magnitude and phase response of any circuit that is neither Low-Pass,High Pass nor Band-Pass. I am asking this because i haven't found anything relevant in any textbooks so far , since the only use standard filters.

e.g an AC circuit consisting of an AC source with internal resistance A , capacitor C , inductor L , resistance B (the load) such that :

Zc||(Zb + ZL)

Following the commonly suggested methodology , the equivalent Thevenin impedance would be :

[ (jωL)-(ω*ω*L*C*Za) + Za ] / [ 1 + j*ω*C*Za ]

and the Thevenin Voltage :
Vthev = Vsource * ( Zc / (Zc + Za))

Vload = Vthev *Zload / ( Zload + Zthev)

Therefore :

Vload = Vsource *( Zc * Zload) / [ ( Zc+Za)*(Zthev +Zload)]

where Hv(jω) is the coefficient in front of Vsource which will be quite complicated.

How can we calculate its magnitude and phase response ?

Thank you
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
The Electrician
Jan31-13, 01:24 PM
P: 771
Quote Quote by DabaDuBa View Post
I was wondering how to calculate the magnitude and phase response of any circuit that is neither Low-Pass,High Pass nor Band-Pass. I am asking this because i haven't found anything relevant in any textbooks so far , since the only use standard filters.

e.g an AC circuit consisting of an AC source with internal resistance A , capacitor C , inductor L , resistance B (the load) such that :

Zc||(Zb + ZL)

Following the commonly suggested methodology , the equivalent Thevenin impedance would be :

[ (jωL)-(ω*ω*L*C*Za) + Za ] / [ 1 + j*ω*C*Za ]

and the Thevenin Voltage :
Vthev = Vsource * ( Zc / (Zc + Za))

Vload = Vthev *Zload / ( Zload + Zthev)

Therefore :

Vload = Vsource *( Zc * Zload) / [ ( Zc+Za)*(Zthev +Zload)]

where Hv(jω) is the coefficient in front of Vsource which will be quite complicated.

How can we calculate its magnitude and phase response ?

Thank you
This is just a simple network analysis problem. To do the calculation, just substitute the numerical values for all those impedances (Za, Zb, Zc, Zthev, Zload, etc.) into the expression and work out the arithmetic. The arithmetic will, of course, involve complex numbers.

Register to reply