Homogeneous/Inhomogeneous particle production

• Thread starter Mordred
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Particle
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of particle production in cosmology, with the speaker mentioning various sources such as Homogeneous/inhomogeneous regions, Unruh effect, Hawking radiation, and Parker particle production. The common factor among these sources is their connection to varying entropy/energy density regions. The speaker then asks if there is any research or papers that have integrated these different productions into a more generic form. They mention browsing the web and finding similarities in perturbations but also admit to not having a strong understanding of quantum mechanics. However, they eventually come to a conclusion on their own by following the history of perturbation theory.
Mordred
I'm currently self studying cosmology, and I've gathered a smattering of articles describing various particle production sources. These sources include production through Homogeneous/inhomogeneous regions. Unruh effect (cosmological Horizon-De Sitter), Hawking radiation. Parker particle production. The list goes on.

One thing I've been noticing is that all these various production regions are all describing regions of varying entropy/energy density regions.

Has anyone come across research or papers that have reconciled the various productions into a more generic formalization?

edit: here are some of the papers

Attachments

• 1106.4240v1.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 1203.1173.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
Browse on the web. I do not know.

I always browse the web first :smile:, The main similarities lies in the perturbations. These different situations are areas of high perturbations. I'd ask in QM forum but my understanding of QM mathematics is far worse.

edit: I just answered my own question :smile:. Follow the history of perturbation theory.

Last edited:

Related to Homogeneous/Inhomogeneous particle production

1. What is the difference between homogeneous and inhomogeneous particle production?

Homogeneous particle production refers to the creation of particles that are uniform in size, shape, and composition. In contrast, inhomogeneous particle production results in particles that vary in size, shape, or composition within a given sample.

2. What factors contribute to homogeneous or inhomogeneous particle production?

The production method, reaction conditions, and starting materials can all affect the homogeneity of particle production. Additionally, the presence of impurities or variations in the reaction environment can also contribute to inhomogeneous particle production.

3. How is the homogeneity of particle production measured?

The homogeneity of particle production can be measured using techniques such as scanning electron microscopy, dynamic light scattering, or X-ray diffraction. These methods allow for the visualization and characterization of particle size, shape, and composition.

4. What are the potential applications of homogeneous/inhomogeneous particles?

The uniformity or non-uniformity of particles can impact their performance in various applications. For example, in the field of medicine, homogeneous particles may be used for targeted drug delivery, while inhomogeneous particles may be used for diagnostic imaging.

5. How can homogeneous/inhomogeneous particle production be controlled or manipulated?

The homogeneity of particle production can be controlled by adjusting reaction conditions, using different production methods, or modifying the starting materials. Additionally, post-production techniques such as surface modification or size separation can be used to manipulate the homogeneity of particles.