Submitting a science paper to a journal

In summary, the speaker is planning to submit a paper to a scientific journal with new ideas related to the fields of physics and quantum mechanics. They are seeking help as they have not done this before. Some of their ideas include a unifying theory, the non-existence of time space, the role of sub-particle atoms, and the connection between electricity and light. However, the other person disagrees and states that these ideas are more philosophical in nature and not related to physics.
Illidan9
Hi everyone, my first post here.

I have worked out some of the problems facing physics in general and quantum mechanics more specifically in my head and am planning to submit a paper to a scientific journal to put out the ideas and have them reviewed and hopefully accepted as new clues to the puzzle of life, universe and creation. I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone as I have not done anything like this before.

I'll list some of the ideas I have to give you some clues as to what I'm going to write my paper on. Some are already accepted in math and or physics but I'll mention them all since they all relate to each other.

1. I have worked out some of the problems facing the Unifying theory. Every other aspect of my ideas fall under this theory but each can become a groundbreaking fact at some point in the future.

2. Time space does not exist and it is only in the eyes of a conscious being.
3. Sub-particle atoms are responsible for the way they behave and the wave-particle duality is at the heart of how this universe works.
4. Positive and negative infinity are indeed one and the same
5. Electricity and light are two ends of the same phenomenon

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing that you list here has anything to do with physics. It is all "meta-physics" or philosophy.

Thanks, I understand your point. But conciousnous is at the heart of quantum mechanics, isn't it? And it all starts with that and everything else falls underneath and thus it's called the unifying theory.

I'm afraid none of that is correct.

for any help!

Dear author,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and your plan to submit a paper to a scientific journal. As a fellow scientist, I understand the excitement and anticipation that comes with sharing new ideas and potentially contributing to the puzzle of life, universe, and creation.

Before submitting your paper, I would highly recommend seeking the guidance and feedback of your colleagues and mentors. They can provide valuable insights and help refine your ideas to make them more robust and relevant to the scientific community. Additionally, they can also assist you in navigating the submission process and choosing the appropriate journal for your paper.

In terms of the specific ideas you have listed, I would advise conducting a thorough literature review to ensure that your ideas have not already been explored or disproven by other scientists. This will also help you to provide a clear and concise argument for your paper.

Regarding your first point about the Unifying theory, it would be helpful to provide more specific details about the problems you have identified and how your theory addresses them. This will help readers understand the significance of your work.

In regards to your second point about time and space, it is important to note that the concept of time and space is a fundamental aspect of many scientific theories and has been extensively studied and validated through experiments. It would be beneficial to provide evidence or experiments that support your claim that time and space do not exist.

For your third point about sub-particle atoms and the wave-particle duality, it would be helpful to provide a clear explanation of how these concepts relate to each other and how they contribute to our understanding of the universe. Additionally, providing evidence or experiments to support your ideas will strengthen your argument.

Your fourth and fifth points about infinity and the relationship between electricity and light are intriguing, but it would be important to provide a clear and logical explanation for these ideas and how they fit into current scientific theories.

Overall, I applaud your enthusiasm and determination to contribute to the scientific community. I hope my feedback has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck with your paper submission. Remember to seek guidance from your colleagues and mentors, and to thoroughly review and refine your ideas before submitting.

Best regards,

1. What is the process of submitting a science paper to a journal?

The process of submitting a science paper to a journal typically involves the following steps:

• Choose a suitable journal for your research
  • Read and follow the journal's submission guidelines carefully
  • Prepare your manuscript according to the journal's formatting requirements
  • Include all necessary components such as abstract, figures, and references
  • Submit your paper through the journal's online submission system or via email
  • Wait for the journal to review your paper and provide feedback
  • Revise and resubmit your paper if necessary
  • If accepted, address any final revisions and complete the publication process

2. How long does it take for a science paper to be published in a journal?

The timeline for publishing a science paper can vary greatly depending on the journal, the field of study, and the complexity of the research. On average, it can take anywhere from several months to over a year for a paper to be published. This includes the time for review, revisions, and the publication process. Some journals also offer expedited review options for an additional fee.

3. Can I submit my paper to multiple journals at the same time?

No, it is generally not acceptable to submit the same paper to multiple journals at once. This is considered unethical and can lead to issues if more than one journal accepts the paper for publication. It is important to carefully choose the most suitable journal for your research and only submit to one journal at a time.

4. What happens after I submit my paper to a journal?

After submitting your paper, the journal will usually conduct an initial screening to ensure that it meets their criteria and is suitable for their publication. If it passes this stage, it will then undergo a peer review process where experts in the field will evaluate the paper for its scientific validity, originality, and significance. Based on the feedback from the reviewers, the journal will then make a decision to accept, reject, or request revisions to the paper.

5. Do I need to pay to submit a science paper to a journal?

Most journals do not require a fee for submission, but some may charge a processing fee or an open access fee if the paper is accepted for publication. These fees can vary greatly between journals and it is important to research and plan for any potential costs before submitting your paper.