Where to Find Research Opportunities - Haxx0rm4ster

• Thread starter Haxx0rm4ster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Research
In summary, the conversation is about research opportunities for high school and undergraduate students. The speaker suggests checking with universities and using online resources to find summer programs for research experiences.
Haxx0rm4ster
uhhhh... What research??

Alright, so I've noticed some people have done research at "some" place.

I'd like to know where is it that those students go. Is it like summer programs at NASA, etc.?
I'd seriously like to get involved in one.
Thanks,

Haxx0rm4ster

Physics news on Phys.org
Many universities in the USA have summer REU (Research Experience for Undergraduate) programs, funded by the National Science Foundation. They pay a stipend and I think they provide on-campus housing if you need it. My department gets flyers for at least a couple dozen of these every year, from all over the country.

However, the application deadlines for most of these have probably passed by now. There might be some that have deadlines at the end of March. Google for "REU" and you'll probably turn up some leads.

Aha... here's where you can search for REU sites.

Last edited:
just about every physics department in the US and Canada I've seen has a sizable bulletin board stuffed full of posters and ads for places with summer research positions and programs for undergrads. Find the one in your department and check them out. Or check with your the physics department advisor. They'll usually have info on a bunch of programs too.

He's in high school, so those don't apply.

1. What is Haxx0rm4ster?

Haxx0rm4ster is not a real name and it is not a legitimate source for research opportunities. It is most likely a username or pseudonym used by someone online.

2. Where can I find legitimate research opportunities?

Legitimate research opportunities can be found through various sources such as university websites, government agencies, and professional organizations. It is important to thoroughly research and verify the credibility of the source before applying for any research opportunities.

3. Is Haxx0rm4ster a reliable source for research opportunities?

No, Haxx0rm4ster is most likely not a reliable source for research opportunities. It is important to be cautious of any sources that do not have a legitimate and verified identity.

4. Are there any red flags to look out for when searching for research opportunities?

Yes, there are several red flags to look out for when searching for research opportunities. These include sources that require payment for access to opportunities, promises of guaranteed results or funding, and lack of contact information or verifiable identity. It is important to thoroughly research and verify the credibility of the source before applying for any research opportunities.

5. What are some reputable sources for finding research opportunities?

Some reputable sources for finding research opportunities include university websites, government agencies, professional organizations, and academic journals. It is important to thoroughly research and verify the credibility of the source before applying for any research opportunities.